Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Hey everyone:

I still have plenty of DMD's available. $85 bucks will get it to you in less than 10 working days with new Ford bolt and washer included.

Order online here.

Also check out the SVT scuff plate while you are there

I already bought and recived mine from NECO but I was curious are the ones you're selling original ford DMD's? Yours doesn't look like the Ford one. Are they made by ford? I know the ones NECO is selling are. Also is the bot and washers ford products also?
Thanks for your question.

All the DMD's I am shipping are brand new from ford, as are the bolts and washers. In fact, the DMD, bolt and washers I send out come in their original ford packaging. All come directly from ford and are stamped with a Ford part number. I am 100% positive that the part that I am shipping is the DMD for the 2.5 Duratec. In fact, I have the very Damper I sell on my SVT.
That does look exactly like the one I got from the other guy. I think the extra drilled holes you see on the one in the picture along the edge is how Ford balances each one. Mine only has two drilled holes for instance.
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Mine only has two drilled holes for instance.

That's wierd, mine has 4 holes? And we both got ours from James...
I got mine from Tim a little over a week ago and all that parts are Ford factory parts. The bolt and washer are still in ford bags and the DMD has for etched into the side. I got it w/in a week of payment.

Thanks Tim!
What is involved in the install, do I have to have a mechanic put it on?
Originally posted by bkent:
What is involved in the install, do I have to have a mechanic put it on?

definitely not
there are a couple how to's floating around the site for installing.

JSmith is also a very good resource for any questions you may have on the install. He has installed roughly 16 of these, I believe 2 of those were ATX.
Hey guys:

I still have DMD's in stock if you are interested! Just click on the link below.

Thanks to everyone who has ordered from me.

Tim
still have some?
Ok, I know I'm stupid but what is the DMD for and does it just a stock replacement or does it help the engine?
I'm not an engine tech, but from what I have read it smoothes out vibration in the higher RPM range. Just a smoother feel all the way around. It is a stock replacement, I believe it has an extra ring or some [censored] on it that makes it better than what we have stock. I didn't really read the whole thread but, you will need a new bolt with the DMD, probably comes with it, but I am a lazy [censored] and don't like to read.

[GnuLoCo]
ok thanks
Just sent in my order. Email or let me know here when you recieved the order... Thanks!
Yikes Tim!

Capitalism at its best on the mark-up of those SVT sill plates. I beleive I recieved mine from Bill Jenkins at $45 for a set delivered. I beleive they are $21.63 each.

Just makes me wonder what the mark-up on the DMD is then?

I heard you lost 8-9HP by installing one of there DMD's
bad rumors.
well good then , i will have to grab one next week , not sure yet though
Still shipping DMD's!

If you'd like to order one, go to my web site

Thanks!
Hey, when do I expect to see mine in the mail?? I am itching to mod the car...
Originally posted by xchang:
Hey, when do I expect to see mine in the mail?? I am itching to mod the car...

Steve:

Thanks for your question. I am getting a shipment today from Ford and yours *should* go out today, in which case it will get there by the end of this week. If that does not happen I will let you know.

Unfortunately I am at the mercy at the Ford shipping and ordering system, that's why I tell everyone to allow 10 working days for the DMD to arrive. Be assured though that as soon as I recieve the DMD, it goes out THAT DAY, no exceptions. As soon as I get your DMD (this goes for all my customers) it will be shipped that day and you will get and email with your UPS tracking number.

Thanks again to everyone for their business! If anyone else wants a DMD, please visit my web site
Originally posted by --CitatioN10--:
I heard you lost 8-9HP by installing one of there DMD's

Assuming the DMD weighs more than the stock pully... you probably will loose some hp... but I would think that the safety of your engine would be worth the possibility of loosing a few hp's. (I ordered my DMD today, btw)

Now... if Unorthodox Racing would replace their crank pulley with their own DMD... THAT would be cool.
Everyone:

I was just informed that Ford's warehouse is backed up from a fire that shut down a couple of assembly plants. Apparently, this is delaying a bunch of orders, and of course, my DMD shipments.

I sent an email to everyone who has ordered a DMD from me. I did verify that the Ford warehouse I am working with does have the DMD's I ordered, so everyone who ordered from me WILL RECEIVE THEIR DMD. It's just not going to be on time as I'd hoped. I sincerely apologize for the delay and I will get your DMD's out just as soon as I receive them.

For right now, I am not going to take any DMD orders until this whole thing is straightened out. If you were planning on ordering one, please wait until I find out everything is back to normal.

Thanks for your business and your patience.

Tim
© CEG Archives