Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: CSVT#49 3 pod gauge pilar GB (price details within) - 10/24/05 01:26 AM
Well for those of you who wanted to purchase a gauge pilar for your cars now is the chance, because you will save $5.00 off retail. I wanted to buy one but did not want to pay full price so I looked into a group buy. The ones I'm looking at are from Lotek. The link for the contour picture along with color options is here.

However heres pretty much the break down:
Colors: Med. Gray, Tan, Dark Blue, Denium Blue and Black (default) all colors with the exception of black are $7.99 extra.
Retail price is $44.99

Here is the copy of the email I received:
"The triple is already available at www.gaugepods.com. If you get 10 or
more orders we can give you a discount of $5.00 off each item."

I will note this, while the color is $7.99 extra you could just forget it and get the default color of black and then order a can of spray paint from Ford to match your interior color. I ordered one from Steve at Tousley Ford in Minnesota and it cost me $8.16 after the discount. It's a 13oz can so it's more then enough to paint the gauge pilar so if you also wanted to fix some scratches or paint something to match your interior or just have it around "just in case" its the way to go. FYI Midnight blue spray paint is part # M4JZ-19M547-1073H. The color is labeled as Alchemy, but it's midnight blue.
i dont know man..I mean its only $5.00....if it was like $15-$20 then hell yea I'd be in it..
I've got a black one. If anyone is interested in it, PM me.
id be interested if it were more of a discount, Dosent really justify buying a A-piller with a 5 dollar discount when you need to spend 50+ bucks on Guages.
Why are we trying to start group buys on such readily available and cheap contour parts??!!
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Why are we trying to start group buys on such readily available and cheap contour parts??!!

*If you do not agree with a Group Buy price or product, let it be. Do not post negative remarks. If the price is high, don't buy it. You don't like windshield washer lights? Don't buy them.

$5 off is better than nothing but i would ask them if you can raise the discount to maybe $10 off.
Originally posted by Nate S:

$5 off is better than nothing but i would ask them if you can raise the discount to maybe $10 off.

yea agreed
I just ordered mine. This is prob a waste of everyone's time because no ONE will have the money on time and [censored] will be stalled etc etc. I just got mine. love it, but if 5$ is preventing you from buying a gauge pod...you shouldn't be buying one!
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
if 5$ is preventing you from buying a gauge pod...you shouldn't be buying one!

AMEN Brother!!
Originally posted by UncommonTour:
if 5$ is preventing you from buying a gauge pod...you shouldn't be buying one!

AMEN Brother!!

be prepared to spend ~$160 to $200+ to fill it with some good gauges as well

oh, and the midnight blue (dark blue) from Lotek matches perfect

Part # Item Price Qty Price
ATM-5721 Gauge, Phantom, Oil Pressure, 0-100 psi, 2 1/16 in., Analog, Mechanical, Each $39.95 1 $39.95
line
ATM-5737 Gauge, Phantom, Water Temperature, 100-250 Degrees F, 2 1/16 in., Analog, Electrical, Each $39.88 1 $39.88
line
ATM-5791 Gauge, Phantom, Voltmeter, 8-18 V, 2 1/16 in., Analog, Electrical, Each $34.88 1 $34.88
Parts Total: $114.71
Handling Charge: $8.95
Total Order: $123.66
Charges to your credit card at this time: $123.66

I skipped the water temp as I already have one of those on the factory gauges

If I had to do it over, I would get volts and oil pressure (which I have now), skip the AFR and get oil temp. If I had the cash I would get fuel pressure or EGT instead of oil temp.
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

If I had to do it over, I would get volts and oil pressure (which I have now), skip the AFR and get oil temp. If I had the cash I would get fuel pressure or EGT instead of oil temp.

stock water temp gauge: not so great
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

I have AFR too. Wideband rocks!
all said and done my gaugepod and gugea had a total of around $250 after filling the empty holes with autometer
Doesnt the mechanical oil presure gauge require you to route the hose into the cabin where the gauge is?
-tropictour
Originally posted by tropictour:
Doesnt the mechanical oil presure gauge require you to route the hose into the cabin where the gauge is?
-tropictour

yes

Oh and tropic tour, are you the one using MY CAR for your avatar?
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
-tropictour

yes

Oh and tropic tour, are you the one using MY CAR for your avatar?

If your talking about over on SVTPerformance then that is a NO! Some other tool took my screen name that I use here and he posts as tropictour over on SVTP. I post as whitelx on there. I noticed the avatar and I was like man I think thats the same car from CEG. I thought it was you but I guess not. The guy lives up in Canada. Not me though Im not a poser like that.
-tropictour

Part # Item Price Qty Price
ATM-5721 Gauge, Phantom, Oil Pressure, 0-100 psi, 2 1/16 in., Analog, Mechanical, Each $39.95 1 $39.95
line
ATM-5737 Gauge, Phantom, Water Temperature, 100-250 Degrees F, 2 1/16 in., Analog, Electrical, Each $39.88 1 $39.88
line
ATM-5791 Gauge, Phantom, Voltmeter, 8-18 V, 2 1/16 in., Analog, Electrical, Each $34.88 1 $34.88
Parts Total: $114.71
Handling Charge: $8.95
Total Order: $123.66
Charges to your credit card at this time: $123.66

When that mechanical oil gauge springs a leak behind your dash and in your pillar you will truly be hating life

Oh and...

From Summit my Sunpro Faze CompetitionEL Analog Gauges

Part Number Description QTY Price
SUN-FZ3206 Faze Air/Fuel 1 $69.95
SUN-FZ3204 Voltmeter 1 $59.95
SUN-FZ3201 Oil Pressure 1 $69.95

Charges for your order include the following:
Parts: $179.85
Handling: $8.45
Ground Shipping charges: **FREE**

Current charges to your credit card are: $188.30

Your Parts total reflects a 10% discount for a TOTAL SAVINGS of: $20.00

Thats what Im saying. Once that thing starts leaking you will be cleaning motor oil up for a while.
-tropictour
Thats what Im saying. Once that thing starts leaking you will be cleaning motor oil up for a while.
-tropictour

That's why you insulate and wrap the hose. I've had mine in for 2 years now and no problems. Unfortunately I have to take the gauge out this winter and send it to Autometer to have them put the needle that fell of, back on!

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
-tropictour

That's why you insulate and wrap the hose. I've had mine in for 2 years now and no problems. Unfortunately I have to take the gauge out this winter and send it to Autometer to have them put the needle that fell of, back on!

Mark

Ah didnt know you could do that. I personally would still go with the elec. gauge just for piece of mind.
-tropictour
I know of 5 contour guys running a mechanical gauge. I will follow their example. More accurate, easier to install.
i run a mechanical oil pressure
I know of 5 contour guys running a mechanical gauge. I will follow their example. More accurate, easier to install.

werd. Accuracy is why I bought mechanical. Use teflon tape on the threads, shouldn't ever leak. I haven't heard of one leaking yet either.
This thread needs more smare. Stock water temp. gauge not accurate, mechanical oil press. IS the most accurate. You think tapping the head with an electrical gauge is accurate? The leaking into cabin arguement is so weak.
if you don't connect it like and idiot there should be no leaks.
Posted By: CSVT#49 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/25/05 09:18 PM
Then we all remembered that this post is about a gauge pillar group buy... not gauges or how to install them

I'm working on a better deal everyone. We'll see what happens, but I agree $5 isn't much. However it is better then nothing and I was planning on buying them anyway so...

Anyhow like I said we'll see.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/25/05 10:56 PM
Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:
Then we all remembered that this post is about a gauge pillar group buy... not gauges or how to install them

I'm working on a better deal everyone. We'll see what happens, but I agree $5 isn't much. However it is better then nothing and I was planning on buying them anyway so...

Anyhow like I said we'll see.

Somebody call a wambulance.

All in all 10$ would be the only thing that would've made me wait longer for my gauge pod.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/26/05 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Somebody call a wambulance.

Bite me. If you don't want in that's fine with me, but then don't post as it doesn't concern you.

Anway heres what they wrote back...

"What we can do with a small production run of 10-20 is give you a free color
match. This is the $7.99 charge for painting. Once you are ready to go we
will give your group a coupon code to use on the website to discount your
purchase by $7.99. This code will be good for 20 days from start date.

The production run will take about 2 weeks once you get your orders in.

Let us know when you want to start.

Thanks."

So if you figure $5 off retail then $7.99 off for the color match, $12.99 off.

Anyone want in on this?

Posted By: tropictour Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/26/05 10:18 PM
Thats pretty decent.
-tropictour
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/26/05 10:50 PM
Not only that but I'm working on getting us a GB on gauges to fill these gauge pods. I was thinking Faze brand as they are decently priced and has the glow gauge background to match the main cluster should anyone have one. I'll be posting the details on that as soon as they come in.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/26/05 11:35 PM
Are you sure they mean you get $5 off and an additional free color match (7.99 value)? The email they sent doesn't say IN ADDITION TO the $5...just making sure. To me it sounds like just a free color match.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/27/05 12:25 AM
I just sent an email to clarify, but I'm pretty sure we get both.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/27/05 02:45 AM
I'm in as long as this is set for the middle of november.

as for gauges I'm thinking...Voltmeter, Trans Temp, Oil Press., and Tach. All Digital
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/27/05 05:05 PM
Yes you where right, they will only give us $7.99 off, basically a free color match. I did get a deal on the gauges though 12% off and $90 will get you a 5" tach too if your interested. I'll make another post for this though.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: 3 pod gauge pillar GB - 10/27/05 06:49 PM
well I guess it's better than nothing
© CEG Archives