Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/28/04 03:46 PM
I have access to some white/blue neon and I was wondering how many people would be interested in just the headlight overlay. The squares I can order are not quite long enough to make the HVAC overlays but I am still working on that one.

A rough estimate for cost will be around $15 plus shipping which shouldn't be that much, just an overlay and an inverter.
That sounds pretty cool. I'm listening.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 01:40 AM
Interested but I dunno if I would want one without the indiglo HVAC to complete it.
Posted By: chill1110 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 03:20 AM
can you explain exactly what this is...or post a pic of what your talking about...kinda confused
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 03:43 AM
Same as this, but lights up:

Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Yes, but it will have the symbols on it
Posted By: chill1110 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 04:40 AM
oh i got you...the lights nob swith thing on the dash to the left of the steering wheel
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 04:43 AM
If it is white face, I want it!
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
...white/blue neon...

Meaning white in daytime, blue at night
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 04:47 AM
Can I just have the white face.....I don't really need the glow part....;)
Posted By: RawBurt Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 05:12 AM
Interested but I dunno if I would want one without the indiglo HVAC to complete it.

Posted By: Swazo Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 05:14 AM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

I've been looking for HVAC overlays for a bit now, and might actually kill for them if I came across them

Oh yeah, ditto
i got mine already put in my car (whitefaced only, no lite up blue) i'll put a pic on tomorrow if i can remember..
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 06:02 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:
Can I just have the white face.....I don't really need the glow part....;)

Locoz, this is the one for you then....... White Headlight Overlay
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 06:03 AM

I dont get how it'll light up?? is it gonna be like indiglo kind cause I'm getting gauges pretty soon
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 06:09 AM
The one in the picture is the non-indiglo one. The indiglo one is the same thing but lights up and the symbols are not clear, but black. It will have a wire comming off of it somewhere for power.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I dont get how it'll light up?? is it gonna be like indiglo kind cause I'm getting gauges pretty soon

Where are you getting your gauges from?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/474000-474999/474196_52.jpg

not the best pic, i decided to go out and use my camera phone tonight instead of tomorrow... cant see all details cause of the light.. but thats an idea of what it looks like when put on...
alright, close up with more deatails...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/474000-474999/474196_53.jpg
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/29/04 11:28 PM
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
alright, close up with more deatails...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/474000-474999/474196_53.jpg

btw, I have that, I just want to see what it'll look like at night, cause they are gonna be lit up..right?
oh ok, i yea they are talking bout them lite up.. i just gave the unlite verision of it...
Very Intrested.
Here is my unlit version

I just wanted a couple of people to go with me so I can get a discount on shipping.

For those who want HVACs also, I am still looking for a long enough piece
get my name on the list, I might be interested for it, but it would have been so great if you could have made the hvac.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/30/04 03:16 AM
i'm definitely on the list if they are indiglo and matching to the main and hvac indiglos
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 12/30/04 04:52 AM
Originally posted by hmouta:
i'm definitely on the list if they are indiglo and matching to the main and hvac indiglos

yup same here, count me in as well if thats the case
Would anybody be interested in being the ginny pig for making a prototype SET ? I might be able to piece two together but there is a small possibility that it might have a very small line right down the middle verticly where two pieces meet. It shouldn't be that large of problem because 90% of it will be covered by the dial. I need someone to do this because I have reverse indiglo gauges right now so I'm probably not going to be using these unless they turn out better than expected.

PM me if you are interested
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 01/01/05 12:03 AM
Would anybody be interested in being the ginny pig for making a prototype SET ? I might be able to piece two together but there is a small possibility that it might have a very small line right down the middle verticly where two pieces meet. It shouldn't be that large of problem because 90% of it will be covered by the dial. I need someone to do this because I have reverse indiglo gauges right now so I'm probably not going to be using these unless they turn out better than expected.

PM me if you are interested

PM me when you get a chance. I'd be interested in doing something. I would think that if you did the two pieces in half, most of the vertical line would be hidden by the center control knob. There would only be about 1/2" showing at the top. Question: will the two pieces be spliced together electrically or will there be two seperate electrical connections? Since I've never removed the HVAC panel, I have no idea what's behind it. I'm assuming we just have to tap onto existing wiring like I did with my reverse indiglo gauges. How close will they match?

PS. Have a safe and kick a$$ New Years. I'll be awaiting your PM.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 01/02/05 04:23 AM
would the final product be 2 pieces of indiglo put together? i'd figure it would be like making the temp or fuel indiglo gauges. i have a spare headlight switch i bought to give to a company to make the gauge. they start prototypes when like 10-15 people show interest.
GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!! Last night I ordered some of the neon and as soon as it comes in the mail, I will start working on a prototype set. I can then post pictures and have a final cost for everybody.
how are things going on? what would be the final cost if we want Headlight and HVAC overlay?
I am actually in the middle of making the HVAC as well, I just got done with the headlight about 5 minutes ago. It is really hard to find a place to attach the wires to the HVAC because the trim is extremely close to the edges of the overlay
Well I think I am finished and it was A LOT harder than I anticipated. The headlight overlay was easy to install so I did that one, but the HVAC would have been a lot more difficult so I just took some pictures of it in my hand.

Link to pictures

The neon is actually all the same color, my camera just sucks bad at night and close up shots. I don't know why, it was supposed to be one of the better cameras out there at 5 megapixles.

I will look at all of the costs tomorrow and get a final tally for everyone.

It is not something that I am going to carry on. If you guys want a set, you will have a time limit on how long you have to order. You will send part of the money so I can order the neon, and then pay the rest when it comes time to mail them off.
Posted By: CKtour98 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 01/12/05 01:21 AM
Nice,I like'em...awaiting price tomorrow!!!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 01/12/05 01:50 AM
Looks nice I'm wondering how to get a set of white face guages for my instrument panel that light up and I also see that you got the white face HVAC ones too on there, and what would be cool is to make a thing like that for the knob for the power mirriors to match.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/12/05 01:56 AM
Originally posted by mystique97:
Looks nice I'm wondering how to get a set of white face guages for my instrument panel that light up and I also see that you got the white face HVAC ones too on there, and what would be cool is to make a thing like that for the knob for the power mirriors to match.

Main Gauges
I like the way my mirror switch is now
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/12/05 02:05 AM
I have a ZETEC. any without the V6 on the tach?
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/12/05 02:57 AM
I'm like you, I need some without the V6, because I have a Zetec also. I'd like it if I could have custom made indiglo gauges...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: EL Headlight Overlays Interest Check - 01/17/05 03:55 AM
Originally posted by CKtour98:
Nice,I like'em...awaiting price tomorrow!!!

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/17/05 05:22 AM
The overlays were a lot harder than I intended, but if I do decide to produce them, it looks like it will be between $45-50 shipped to your house with $35 up front so I can order the neon. I will let you guys know ahead of time when I am going to start the list and there will be a certain amount of time you have to sign up and get me the deposit money. This way, if you are one of the first people, you will know for sure when you will get your set. I won't have a minimum amount of people that need to sign up, if you really want the neon, you will sign up and pay the deposit.

I am awaiting one more part from the manufacturer to complete the prototype set then I will ship it off to wa2tuff and he can install it and get us some installed pictures because I didn't want to tear apart my dash for someone else's part.

I'll keep you guys updated, thanks
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/17/05 08:54 AM
this is great, I really want these. I'll have to look to find gauges now, I can't find any that work in KM/H instead of MPH and without the V6 written on the face.

what do you mean with the 35$, does it means it will be 45$~50$ + 35$ or it's a pre-payment?
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/17/05 04:05 PM
Originally posted by DemonOfSteel:

what do you mean with the 35$, does it means it will be 45$~50$ + 35$ or it's a pre-payment?

It will be a prepayment. When everything is done it will be $50-35=$15
Posted By: carraudio Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/25/05 06:27 PM
I found a set of gauges and a HVAC(the original ElGlow ones) so all I would want would be the light switch. How much for one of them?
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 01/31/05 03:51 AM
just wanted to know how things are going...
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 02/01/05 05:04 AM
Got the extra pins that I ordered the 17th today and got everything together and IT WORKS PERFECTLY. Tomorrow I'm going to put the finishing cosmetic touches on and take a few pictures then they will be off to their new home of wa2tuff.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: EL Overlays Interest Check - 02/17/05 07:35 PM
Got the extra pins that I ordered the 17th today and got everything together and IT WORKS PERFECTLY. Tomorrow I'm going to put the finishing cosmetic touches on and take a few pictures then they will be off to their new home of wa2tuff.

Just a follow-up in case anyone wants to know. It's over, didn't work out. It was too hard for 98 HO Contour to make the connections.
© CEG Archives