Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I have an older Clifford alarm and it has worked great for years. Now, the interior lights stay on all the time. I think this started when I got home from work last night. I've tried everything, even disconnecting the battery, and when I reconnect it, the lights come back on. I checked all the doors and everything is shut tight. Ideas? Suggestions? Anyone?
Posted By: FLuiDSVT_dup1 Re: Alarm problem - 08/21/02 09:40 PM
Maybe one of the switches for the door went bad causing it to think the door is open. Get a test light or a multimeter and start tracing wires. There has to be a short or something.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Alarm problem - 08/21/02 09:48 PM
Exactly what I didn't want to hear! Oh well, back to the garage.
That's right boys and girls, the simplest solution is usually the best. I had the interior lights turned on!
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
That's right boys and girls, the simplest solution is usually the best. I had the interior lights turned on!

I was going to suggest that but didn't want to come off rude....When it doubt...

LOL
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:
I was going to suggest that but didn't want to come off rude....When it doubt...

You should have! I don't know you, so be an ass if it saves me from ripping apart the entire interior! Even if I got all pissed off at you, I would still run outside and check that.

I win the dumbest ass award, so far on the new CEG!
hehe...it happens.....Check this out (idiot thing)

I don't mean any harm.....Just lookin for an excuse to post that link!

LMAO - at least you admitted to it
FluiDSVT - that's awesome!! I'll use that on someone that does something even worse. Until then, look at my sig!
i leave my headlights on all the time,,, that's a lot worse than interior lights, thank God it's such a big battery and that other people see my lights are on.
I did that last winter. I open the garage and and grab the snowblower (there are two other cars in the garage ). I glance over to my snow covered car and there is this melted spot on the roof. There isn't any snow on it, and it was warm enough that the melted snow had dried! I brushed off the windows and realised that both the dome light and both map lights were on.
This is in no way intended to be a flame of any kind. However, just for reference purposes, it's spelled "Occam's Razor." (You could also spell it Ockham, but Occam is much more common.) Don't want to be a grammar snob or a word fag, but...

You can see it all here.

© CEG Archives