Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: converted_gm Ticking Pulley - 04/30/06 07:54 PM
I took it all apart to try and find what it was and I cannot seem to see anything. It is on the passenger side, and it was fixed by a mechanic thursday, and was fine, came back again today on my way to work. Any tips would be REALLY appreciated
Posted By: projectSHO89_dup1 Re: Ticking Pulley - 04/30/06 11:18 PM
YOu might try telling us what car (year, engine, etc) you're discussing...

Posted By: converted_gm Re: Ticking Pulley - 05/01/06 03:48 PM
Sorry was in a hurry and forgot to. Its a 99 Contour SVT.
Posted By: JasonJ Re: Ticking Pulley - 05/02/06 12:38 AM
my 98SE V6 MTX just started doing the same actually. it is the pulley that is closest to the pass. side foglight in the front of the engine. it will tick, but when i turn the AC on, it will go away. then whenever AC engages/disengages, it will click once very loudly. anyone with insight?
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Ticking Pulley - 05/02/06 12:48 AM
Originally posted by JasonJ:
..it is the pulley that is closest to the pass. side foglight in the front of the engine. it will tick, but when i turn the AC on, it will go away. then whenever AC engages/disengages, it will click once very loudly. anyone with insight?

That is the A/C compressor. It is probably the clutch engaging or disengaging.
http://www.contour.org/php/showpic.php?img=/gallery/duratec/durright.jpg
Posted By: JasonJ Re: Ticking Pulley - 05/03/06 05:13 AM
yeah, i know that's what it is. but it has never ticked this loudly before, but the car is running fine.
Posted By: converted_gm Re: Ticking Pulley - 05/03/06 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JasonJ:
yeah, i know that's what it is. but it has never ticked this loudly before, but the car is running fine.

+1, now it is starting to squeel, and other than that the car runs fine. Its driving me INSANE!
© CEG Archives