Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 347stroker Heater blower motor only blows high... - 10/31/05 06:45 PM
First off, hi, I am new to your forums. I am usually on the stangnet.com forums. However I am having a problem with our 2000 Mercury Mystique. It has the 2.5 V6 automatic. Anyway I have read the faq's and found some things but not enough. Our car's heater motor is only blowing on high, nothing else. I have called the dealer and they tell me there is no recall for this on our car. I am very mechanically inclined so if someone could give me help as to what, where and how to fix this. Thanks so much.
This here might be something to look into.
http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=23

I had the same problem with my 99 SVT. Went to the dealer and picked up the part for 14.00 and took about 30 minutes to install. Everything works fine now.

Both recalls have expired. I ended up replacing the resistor pack and that solved the problem. Mine was noticably bad since part of the resistor was cracked.

resistor pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Heater blower motor only blows high... - 10/31/05 07:06 PM
Welcome.
So where exactly is the resistor pack. I looked under the passenger side footwell and didn't see anything silver. I seen a couple of white plates and a white box. Where should I be looking...under the dash by the controls, closer to the motor, where???
Is this what I am looking for, if it isn't it looks like toast anyway....

Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Heater blower motor only blows high... - 10/31/05 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 347stroker:
Is this what I am looking for, if it isn't it looks like toast anyway....

This is it.
Yup, thats the one, and that one is toast!!!
The recall still exists. I took my car to the Ford dealership like 2 months ago and got the recall done on the resistor pack and wiring. Of course the recall was done free of charge. I got a new resistor put in and they replaced part of the wiring. I got the part numbers for the two parts.

Resistor Assembly- 3M5Z-18591-BA

Wiring Kit- F5RZ-14A411-CA
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Heater blower motor only blows high... - 11/01/05 01:52 AM
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
The recall still exists. I took my car to the Ford dealership like 2 months ago and got the recall done on the resistor pack and wiring. Of course the recall was done free of charge. I got a new resistor put in and they replaced part of the wiring. I got the part numbers for the two parts.

01M07 Extended Coverage Program for 10 years/150K miles whichever occurs first.
It could be the fan switch, it was on both our Mystiques. Your resistor does look bad, try it first.
The recall still exists.

I went to the dealer with the car this afternoon and they told me there was no recall. I trust this dealership for many reason I will not bore you guys with. Anyway I gave them the # listed for the campaign and they told me there wasn't one. They ran my vin # and I actually looked at the computer screen as he did it. Nothing. I dunno. So I bought the resistor part and it will be here tomorrow. I got to go out of town for business so I can't fix it until Friday night/ Saturday morning. Hopefully this will do it, it looks like toast. Thanks for the help.
Changed the resistor and it is now fixed. Thanks guys.
Glad you fixed it!
Did you replace the wiring assembly also or just the resistor? My blower motor is also working on high only too. When I pulled the resistor, there were scorch marks on the inside of the plug/connector.

Does anyone know what gauge wire the wiring assembly uses? What kind of connector would I use to splice the new wiring assembly in?

Thanks.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Heater blower motor only blows high... - 11/08/05 02:13 AM
Originally posted by contourdad:
Did you replace the wiring assembly also or just the resistor? My blower motor is also working on high only too. When I pulled the resistor, there were scorch marks on the inside of the plug/connector.

Does anyone know what gauge wire the wiring assembly uses? What kind of connector would I use to splice the new wiring assembly in?

Thanks.

The wiring kit comes with the splice connectors.

Posted By: haidong Re: Heater blower motor only blows high... - 12/19/05 09:46 PM
Do you know the recall is vaid for 2000 ford contour se, 105K,
© CEG Archives