Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Rob2006 Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 02:10 PM
I took my
1998 Ford Contour SE
2.0L DOHC
to auto zone this morning because i got one of those wonderful check engine lights. He connected it to his machine and he looked at me like he had no clue. I saw the machine say P1131 but thats all I really know. It seams to run the same and the light is bothering me. Any ideas??
He said that the code might not be right that it could be another sensor malfunctioning to cause w/e this is to go crazy. One other thing. When you get going in your car shouldn't the doors lock automatically. Could that be a fuse or something

All suggestions will help thanks.
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 02:27 PM
Click here for your answer

Next time check out that search tool
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 02:27 PM
P1131 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

Meaning... you need a new 02 sensor/ unplugged/ faulty.

Put that # or my description in the search function under "troubleshooting" and make the time frame range to ALL. Common problem.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 02:28 PM
probably bad O2 sensor.

P1131 HO2S Circuit Low Variance Bank 1 Sensor 2
P1131 Lack Of HO2S11 Switches - Sensor Indicates Lean
Posted By: Rob2006 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 02:33 PM
Well i am so confused because i have heard Idle Air Control and now oxygen sensor which oxygen sensor the one in the front or the back and am i able 2 get 2 it
Posted By: Davo Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis950psi:

Wow...even n00b trolls are search nazis now.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 03:04 PM
Welcome!
Here is some more info with pictures to help you out: 02 Sensor-P1131
There is a ton of info on this code as well as others. I just pulled the one with pictures (cuz I like pictures ) so you can see what you are looking for.
Search and you will find.
Enjoy the site.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 03:06 PM
Luca usually doesn't know what she is talking about.. but this time she does.
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Davo:

Ive been an avid Neco member for 3 years now. (Search for my name: Nemesis) Im not a n00b troll, so watch who you talk to like that. And as a matter of fact, I helped the guy out and gave him a link rather than saying "just search".
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 03:11 PM

Ive been an avid Neco member for 3 years now. (Search for my name: Nemesis) Im not a n00b troll, so watch who you talk to like that. And as a matter of fact, I helped the guy out and gave him a link rather than saying "just search".

Yes.. if you clicked on his link... it explains EXACTLY what he needs to do. There was nothing "wrong" with what Nemesis did. Not only did it "enlighten" the person to use the search function, it shows how well it works.
Posted By: Davo Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 03:48 PM

LMAO Okay, tough guy. I've been a member of NECO for nearly three years too, so what's your point? And if I do 'talk to you like that', what are you going to do about it?

n00b = You've been here less than a month, less than 20 posts.
troll = You do not drive a Contour, Mystique, or Mondeo.

So I'd say my assessment was accurate and on-point.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 03:48 PM
Psst.

the doors don't lock automatically. You have to press the lock button.

Ray
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 03:57 PM

LMAO Okay, tough guy. I've been a member of NECO for nearly three years too, so what's your point? And if I do 'talk to you like that', what are you going to do about it?

n00b = You've been here less than a month, less than 20 posts.
troll = You do not drive a Contour, Mystique, or Mondeo.

So I'd say my assessment was accurate and on-point.

::flexes e-thug muscle::

But yeah anyways, What was your point in posting to begin with? To up your post count? You contributed nothing to this thread , other than starting something. No I dont drive a contour , mystique, or Mondeo, but we all share the same platforms. Ignorance abound...
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 04:11 PM
Maybe NECO would prefer (both of you members) to take the bickering over there, then...

Ray

Edited: sounded like I was being one-sided..
Posted By: Davo Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 04:12 PM
But yeah anyways, What was your point in posting to begin with? To up your post count? You contributed nothing to this thread , other than starting something. No I dont drive a contour , mystique, or Mondeo, but we all share the same platforms. Ignorance abound...

Usually we expect people to make a number of posts...at least 25...before they begin to resemble search nazis or tell other people what to do.

...and yeah, I didn't know we shared platforms. Still doesn't change the fact that you're a troll. And a n00b.
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 05:30 PM

Usually we expect people to make a number of posts...at least 25...before they begin to resemble search nazis or tell other people what to do.

...and yeah, I didn't know we shared platforms. Still doesn't change the fact that you're a troll. And a n00b.

Im a troll because I dont have a Cougar, Contour , or Mystique? Then you are a troll to Neco then? I have no idea what your problem is, I simply helped another member here because Im on all kinds of different boards all day, and I was the first to respond. Also, have you ever heard of Give a man a fish and he eats for one day. Teach him how to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime. Same principle applies to this situation. Ive could have just been an asshat and told him to search, which I have NEVER done and I wouldnt have any right to do because I am new here. I searched for em, got em an answer, and suggested it to him that he check it out. I wasnt being your so called search Nazi. I actually helped. You didnt do anything except incite something with me in here. If you are joking then fine, I can take a joke. Am I pissed off? No, I have way better things to do than get pissed off on an internet forum and especially someone like you.
Posted By: Davo Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 07:24 PM
Im a troll because I dont have a Cougar, Contour , or Mystique? Then you are a troll to Neco then? I have no idea what your problem is, I simply helped another member here because Im on all kinds of different boards all day, and I was the first to respond. Also, have you ever heard of Give a man a fish and he eats for one day. Teach him how to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime. Same principle applies to this situation. Ive could have just been an asshat and told him to search, which I have NEVER done and I wouldnt have any right to do because I am new here. I searched for em, got em an answer, and suggested it to him that he check it out. I wasnt being your so called search Nazi. I actually helped. You didnt do anything except incite something with me in here. If you are joking then fine, I can take a joke. Am I pissed off? No, I have way better things to do than get pissed off on an internet forum and especially someone like you.

Yes I am a troll on NECO. I have several friends on there, so I go there from time to time to see what's up with them. But what you won't see me doing is going in there and telling people how to use the board.

No, I wasn't joking, and I don't believe that you're not pissed off. You resorted to e-thuggery, which is the first indication that something got under your skin. And usually the first indication that someone is pissed is they say they're not pissed.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 07:38 PM
Children, stop this f**kin bickering now, this is a frickin car forum, and davo, nemesis was just helping the newbie here. Pretty much showing him how to use the forums not telling him, so he knows what to do in the future and also in the forum rules it says if a newbie posts without searching (which of course it has to be obvious, and in most cases it is) to direct them to the search option, I've used that search option plenty of times and found what I was looking for so STFU both of you, your acting like little kids my neice and nephew act more mature then both of you and they are 8 and 10. Now play nice.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 07:46 PM
No [censored] guys... Jesus Christ. Nemesis didn't do anything wrong, unlike MOST new guys (and a few veterans ), he actually taught somone something AND answered his question. WTF is your problem Dave??
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 08:32 PM
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:

Why, thanks Chad.

I hope ya'll didn't scare the new guy away.

Rob, if you have any other questions, ask. I think you understand to do a search but sometimes questions remain, feel free to ask them and we will help you.
Posted By: Davo Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 09:06 PM
WTF is your problem Dave??

I don't have a problem. I was simply making a comment, then Nemesis had to get e-tough on me because he's been a member of NECO for three years.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/09/05 10:19 PM
Keep it up guys...

Get back on the "CEL light" topic or leave this post alone.
Take your differences of opinion somewhere else, please.

Ray
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Check Engine Light - 06/24/05 01:46 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:

Why, thanks Chad.

Rob, if you have any other questions, ask. I think you understand to do a search but sometimes questions remain, feel free to ask them and we will help you.

Geez...you sound so sweet and nice. So unusual for this forum.

j/k
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Check Engine Light - 06/24/05 01:51 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by LUCA:

Why, thanks Chad.

Geez...you sound so sweet and nice. So unusual for this forum.

j/k

Its cause she is female...
© CEG Archives