Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I have to say I've not had this problem with my SVT but my daughter's Cavalier does it frequently. I've heard of spraying or smearing something on the door gaskets but I don't remember what it was. A little help, please.
Silicon spray.

Silicon dielectric grease works too.
You gotta put that car away man... its far too beautiful!!
My car doors were frozen shut today
Along with every [censored] door lock....
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Silicon spray.

that, and avoid power washes and high-pressure water directly on them.
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Silicon spray.

YES yes
OPINION - spray gets all over the place,the grease doesn't and it stays longer on the rubber....
From the great white north.....where the garage door freezes shut, so I don't have to worry about the car door.......
Originally posted by ContourKev:
My car doors were frozen shut today
Along with every [censored] door lock....

That happened to me yesterday, I had to go into work, FINALLY get my car door unstuck, and the latch is frozen, so it wont friggan stay closed . So I ended up having to take my mom's car to work and put my car in the garage to thaw . While I was at work I noticed a can of "Windshield/lock deicer for 1.50$. I figured it would be a good investment.
Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
From the great white north.....where the garage door freezes shut, so I don't have to worry about the car door.......

reminds me of a few years ... this happened to my neighbor (at the time we didn't have a garage), she was quite jealous that although we had to climb in through the passengers' side, we could at least get in our car and use it!
Yeah, silicon spray works for me.

When I do get a door freezing shut I'd PUSH hard around the edge of the door along where door gasket is, so that ice gets cracked and door easily opened.

This is why i live in California

Troy
© CEG Archives