Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: KTPdave My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 01:26 AM
I GOT THIS today!

It's an '04....had 9 miles on it.

I love it already.
Posted By: Freakshow Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 01:29 AM

Nice man...need to change yer sig!
you suck! LOL! great color btw.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

You are grinning like a lil school girl!
I'd def do the same tho, I'd also dance like a villain tho...

Werd, look at you grinnin' like a mofo , congrats man.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 03:57 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
You are grinning like a lil school girl!
I'd def do the same tho, I'd also dance like a villain tho...

I was looking into the sun!
Posted By: thejms Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 04:24 AM
Damn hot! I am jelous.
That's exactly what my next car will be. Same year. Same color. Same everything.

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 06:16 AM
Dont sell the CSVT!!! Keep it! they go together

Beautiful car tho!!!
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 10:36 AM
OH MAN, I think I need to go change. NICE CAR!!!!!
Posted By: PT95LS Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 12:43 PM
*sigh* Oh, to be able to use a convertible year-round. I've had this thing (V6 auto, as slow as the Mustangs come) 4 years now and have barely put 6,000 miles on it. It sits in my garage doing little but costing me an extra grand on my insurance since I'm not married. I'll probably be trying to sell this one soon too.

-Peter
Posted By: Stazi Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 03:40 PM
LMAO!

Are they really that bad, handling-wise?
Road and Track rated the hard top at a skidpad of .90 g. Rara told me they softened up the suspension on the convertables a bit.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/01/04 04:58 PM
The handling is actually really good on the new cobras.

The verts have carryover spring rates from the 01's (all were the same then) but the damper tuning is a bit different.

The 03+ coupes have much stiffer springs all the way around and more aggressive damper tuning.

The overall handling of both the coupe and the vert versions is excellent, very well balanced and predictable; the only downside, is that it is a heavy car and you can only mask that so much with tuning.

I know the guys responsible for the suspension on that car (and the rest of the car for that matter, heck I'm one of them, lol) and they know their stuff.

Dave, I highly recomend some good subframe connectors for the convertible, especially if you want to add power (which is disgustingly easy) or run it hard around corners. Feel free to PM me if you need any advice on upgrading the car
Please upgrade! And Why keep the CSVT, I see a nice Volvo in le corner. And he lives somewhere that doesn't get too cold in the winter. I love my SE, but he's all set people.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/02/04 01:41 AM
That is my girlfriend's '04 S60. The Contour is in the garage.

I got my first nasty rain today....just glad the roof doesn't leak!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/02/04 02:08 AM
Originally posted by KTPdave:
I got my first nasty rain today....just glad the roof doesn't leak!

go compare your convertible top to any regular mustang convertible top; I think you will be very happy. Just run your hand over the top and you can tell the difference.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/02/04 08:20 AM
It feels thicker than the GT I was looking at.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/02/04 12:47 PM
The cloth top on the cobra is the same material as on the Jaguar XK8 and XKR; it is about the best top material on any car anywhere.
Posted By: SpliceVW Re: My Svt Contour is for sale because.... - 06/02/04 04:47 PM
I test-drive a GT a couple months ago, I was actually surprised at how it handled.. everyone's always trash talking their handling, but it really seemed okay for me. Maybe not good around the track, but hey.. I don't drive around the track.
answer me dave, i want first dibs on all ur contour parts before you get rid of it!!
© CEG Archives