Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: woodysvt wiring diagram - 02/11/04 06:06 AM
hey guys, hopefully i am posting this in the right area.

anyways, my question is: can any of you provide me with a proper wiring diagram or point in the direction of one that will help me install my new alarm? i searched the archives for days but couldnt come up with anything useful. I need to know which wires go to starter kill, ignition kill, door outputs, etc. etc. any help is greatly appreciated. and mods...move this if it is in the incorrect place. TIA
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: wiring diagram - 02/11/04 06:57 PM
New alarm should have come with that info. If alarm is actually only new-to-you try mfr's website.
Posted By: 2G Sport_dup1 Re: wiring diagram - 02/11/04 07:19 PM
http://www.the12volt.com/wireinfo/volt.asp?Year=2000&Make=Ford&Model=Contour&Table=Security

What year do you have?
Posted By: woodysvt Re: wiring diagram - 02/11/04 11:53 PM
awesome, thanks for that link.

and horseydug, dunno what alarm you bought but most alarms do not have a wiring diagram of every car. there is no way that they could provide a wiring schematic of every car on the market.
Posted By: brianl703 Re: wiring diagram - 02/12/04 12:16 AM
Crimestopper supplies wiring info for cars on their website, but you need to enter the serial number of your alarm/keyless entry in, and it only gives you access to the info for one vehicle.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: wiring diagram - 02/12/04 01:52 AM
Personally, only have PATS on the '98, not a big fan of aftermarket alarms since in my limited experience they seem to give the owners more problems than the crooks.

Agreed individual diagrams would be prohibitive, but I at least thought info like on above website would be included since mfrs usually standardize amongst there various models.

Good luck.
Posted By: woodysvt Re: wiring diagram - 02/12/04 05:05 AM
ah, i get you now.

thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:
© CEG Archives