Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: contourfreak22 windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 05:16 PM
hi on my car i wanna put some windsheild washer light up lights is that illeagle in california the color is blue it flashes fast and slow it can also just not flash and show blue just wondering if its illeagle to put on my car here in california please let me know thanks and no im not tryin to be a ricer im just into lights
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 05:30 PM
They're legal on the Toyota, illegal on the Contour.
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 05:38 PM
just curious how come illeagle on the contour? im putting them on the celica thought about putting em on the tour too
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 05:46 PM
they are for off road/show use only.
Posted By: Contouraholic_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 05:48 PM
He's joking about the Toyota.

In most states it is illegal to show anything but a yellow or white light to the front and yellow, red or white to the rear.

CA is usually more restrictive then most. I would bet you would be subject to tickets/fines for showing a blue light in the front.
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 06:17 PM
oh ok on the packet i bought it on didnt say anything illeagle for road use. thanks for the adivice everyone
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 09:08 PM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
oh ok on the packet i bought it on didnt say anything illeagle for road use. thanks for the adivice everyone

Read the package again. It say FOR SHOW USE ONLY NOT FOR STREET USE or something to that effect, just like my Tire Flys say.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 10:01 PM
They are only legal on Civics.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 10:24 PM
I believe that they are only legal on Hugos and AMC Pacers in Texas.
Posted By: Bob Blaylock_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/11/04 11:45 PM
  I believe that in most states, any blue lighting visible from the exterior of a vehicle is specificaly reserved for law enforcement vehicles.  I have specifically heard of someone facing misdemeanor charges as a result of having blue windshield washer lights.  Apparently, it was construed as a form of impersonating a police officer.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 12:36 AM
I know someone that was stopped for having those lights. It was discovered that he was driving on an expired license. He got a ticket for the lighted washer nozzles. He was arrested for driving without a license. I had to go and bail him out and get the car out of impound. Even though the lights were a "fix it" ticket, he still had to clear that ticket in front a a judge.

I see a lot of cars with those installed and it seems that very few tickets are actually written for it, but not always. In this case the policeman seemed to have a heavy badge. That is a polite way of saying the was a ***** (censored).

In cases like this, just call your local poice office and ask. Once you have confirmed that it is technically illegial, just stay away from it. In my friends case he was stopped specifically for the lighted washer nozzles when they discovered that his license had expired and it went downhill from there. Stay away from it and there is one less chance of getting in harms way.
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 02:54 AM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
hi on my car i wanna put some windsheild washer light up lights is that illeagle in california the color is blue it flashes fast and slow it can also just not flash and show blue just wondering if its illeagle to put on my car here in california please let me know thanks and no im not tryin to be a ricer im just into lights

Toggle switch it, then when your radar detector goes off you can flip the switch.

Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 07:59 AM
i dont have a radar thingy or whatever u call it i thought about putting a switch but its not worth the ticket im going to exchange them for regular ones
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 09:03 AM
Why do you want windshield washer lights!?
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 02:22 PM
cause its something i want on my car
Posted By: Contouraholic_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
Why do you want windshield washer lights!?

He likes shiny things !
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 05:01 PM
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Toggle switch it, then when your radar detector goes off you can flip the switch.

Is radar the only way for a cop to spot it? That doesn't make sense.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

Is radar the only way for a cop to spot it? That doesn't make sense.

That only tells him there's a cop around. They're like white on rice around here (Cleveland and west). I've got green bulbs on my front turn signals, to match the green side markers, and so far I've had no problems.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 05:53 PM
I didn't know they made police detectors. A radar detector would only help if the cop was running radar.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: windsheild washer lights - 01/12/04 11:31 PM
You know what I mean.
© CEG Archives