Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LoudnQuik A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 04:49 PM
Well I went to the local Napa today and as I was telling the person how much of a pain it is to change the Volt Regualtor and brushes on the alternator and she told me this. (which by the way you have to drop the damn down pipe to get to the alternator, of which you still have to be gumby to get all the bolts off!) I think they actually built the car around the alternator!

To fix a chevy remove two screws, to fix a ford it takes forever!

Posted By: mrspindlelegs Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 05:12 PM
Next time you go to the auto parts store and need to buy radiator hose clamps, go to the counter and tell them you need some "Jeds". They will obviously be puzzled and ask what a "Jed" is. You then produce a sample cooling system hose clamp and say "This is a Jed; as in Jed Clamp-it".

And the groaners roll on...

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT
Originally posted by LoudnQuik:
Well I went to the local Napa today and as I was telling the person how much of a pain it is to change the Volt Regualtor and brushes on the alternator and she told me this. (which by the way you have to drop the damn down pipe to get to the alternator, of which you still have to be gumby to get all the bolts off!) I think they actually built the car around the alternator!

To fix a chevy remove two screws, to fix a ford it takes forever!

The alternator on my '96 Olds Cutlass was simlarly positioned. Nothing like hanging A/C lines off an engine accessory
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 07:31 PM
From what I understand by way of my mechanic brother:
Chevys are designed & built with the expectation that the owners will HAVE to work on them. Therefore, they are designed to be easy to work on.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 07:32 PM
Uhhh... I'm gonna be sick.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 07:53 PM
This post is [censored] awesome! U guys are funny...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 09:29 PM
I don't have to remove any down pipe to get to the alternator. zetec powa
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

Posted By: path914 Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 09:59 PM

You don't have to remove the down pipe on the v6 either. Just ask myfastse and mentalcase, they removed mental's a couple times by just taking off the passenger wheel and moving a few suspension pieces out of the way. Still a b**** to get the bolts off, but nothing like messing with the exhaust.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 10:02 PM
Don't have to move any suspension parts either.
Posted By: Obsidian Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/04/03 10:54 PM

lmfao. No but it's still a pain to change. But we don't have to remove anything truly necessary other than the wheel. lmao.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: A phrase I bet you never heard! - 08/05/03 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Obsidian:

lmfao. No but it's still a pain to change. But we don't have to remove anything truly necessary other than the wheel. lmao.

© CEG Archives