Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:11 PM
does anyone know any good sites for these cars as well?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:14 PM
You mean a Millenia?
Posted By: 95MID Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:14 PM
those are sweet cars. the millenia S had such a nice engine!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:18 PM
Bling bling

Posted By: hydro Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:19 PM
yeah those are nice cars, there is virtually no aftermarket for them though in the brief research i've done.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:22 PM
Hey what's that poking behind that Mil.?

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:22 PM
I was lookin' at buying a Millenia S when I finally settled on my Contour. I just couldn't find one that was both WORKING and at a reasonable price.

When taken care of, they are great driving cars, but pricey. The ones available when I was looking were horribly abused. I hope you have better luck than I did, because they are GREAT cars.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 03:37 PM
i also was looking into getting one of those before i got my previous car, but i didn't like the big a$$ knobs for the radio and HVAC controls, nice cars though, check out a mazda site or yahoo it
Posted By: BBContourSVT_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 05:51 PM
For such a big car that motor should've had something a little better than 210hp especially with a supercharger. Perhaps hiving it the 2.5L Miller-Cycle instead of the 2.3? Guess we'll never know.......
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 05:54 PM
My mom's got a Millenia (not the S model). She likes it, but to my butt it's underpowered, hefty, and surprisingly tight inside. They're good-looking cars but clearly intended for the Japanese market and brought over to bolster Mazda's lineup.
Posted By: Cartman Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 06:27 PM
My g/f's father just bought a leftover 02 model.. Ok car, but for the price, I don't understand why one wouldn't buy a Mazda6 instead. It has a few luxury items, but they do pale in comparison to the competition (ES300, I35, etc). Also, insurance is suprisingly expensive, supposedly because of the Wankel motor? Something to consider, I suppose.
Posted By: tw0wheelin_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 06:45 PM
Wankel motor??? The reviews I've seen on the Millenia show a 2.5 DOHC and a 2.3 Miler cycle supercharged engine as the only choices. I believe the Rx8 is the only current Mazda with a Wankel (Rotary) engine.
Posted By: gforce Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 07:26 PM
I hear you on the Mazda6. I think of it as the Contour replacement However, being that I have had a 95 SE since near new and having done more than enough recalls and going through all the problems that a new model car goes through I would hold out on the Mazda6 until another year or two
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 07:38 PM
ok al lthis talk and still no one knows any sites about these cars>? I have an engine for the S model. @.3L miller cycle with supercharger and intercooler. I would like to try on sell if it possible.
Posted By: Davo Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/30/03 10:29 PM
I was also looking at a Milennia S before the SVT. I wasn't sure I could tolerate an automatic, and the previous owner was a dog-with-long-hair owner and smoker, so it was an allergy noncompliance death zone. But those cars are real sharp, and if you want to just lay back and look cool, slap some big chrome wheels on there and you're good to go.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 02:09 AM
I guy I work w/ was begging me to buy his for $1500 when his payoff got that low(3 mo ago) he traded on an A4 (raped)...he was the only owner, but it had 200,000mi on the clock. Not an "s" either, but a nice car none the less - all the toys. I thought about it...did some research...the engine can't be rebuilt (cylinder walls too thin)...CV Boots tend to fall apart & cause joints to go bad (biotch to change)... www.sarona.com carries the only body kit for it(schweet ). So I bought a 2000 Contour w/ 30,000mi for the same price...no bells, no whistles...gadget factor: 0
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Mazda Milennia - 07/31/03 03:49 AM
The Milennia is a 1990 era design and back then, 210 HP was "WOW". Mazda just didn't keep it up to date. The Mazda 6i Duratec is it's replacement.

Some posters at Edmunds.com were whining about the loss of the Miller Cycle engine, but I say "who cares"? It was outclassed by newer, normally aspirated "N/A" engines of today.

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 12:51 PM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
So I bought a 2000 Contour w/ 30,000mi for the same price...no bells, no whistles...gadget factor: 0

A 2000 Contour for $1500 - you got a steal on that car dude!!! Nice goin'!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 01:13 PM
Mazda originally designed these Millenia cars when they were considering the launch of a high-end line-up like the Lexus/Inifinity thing. The plan never materialized bc of financial troubles, so they built & sold the car under the Mazda label.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 01:18 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
So I bought a 2000 Contour w/ 30,000mi for the same price...no bells, no whistles...gadget factor: 0

Read my sig...

Although, w/ parts I still have less than $2500 in it
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 01:24 PM

Read my sig...

You do body work, very cool. I have never had a talent for shaping things, but I can turn a wrench like nobodys business!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 01:26 PM
Try www.Mazdaclub.com

They got all sorts of Mazdas there & I'm sure they would drool at the thought of a SC'd upgrade. GL
Posted By: White99SE Re: Mazda Milennia - 07/31/03 02:01 PM
Originally posted by FocusTour:
The Mazda 6i Duratec is it's replacement.

I thought the Mazda 6 was the replacement for the 626.
Posted By: supertouringmike Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 02:33 PM
Mazda originally designed these Millenia cars when they were considering the launch of a high-end line-up like the Lexus/Inifinity thing. The plan never materialized bc of financial troubles, so they built & sold the car under the Mazda label.

We leased 3 Millenias a 95 S,98 Std,and a 2000 S. They are great, gotta get the S (more power,traction control,17" wheels). They get great gas milage (thanks to miller cycle) pretty fast 143mph E-limited. The lows are, little low end (read: torque)way too small brakes (almost dangerous,and the backs are larger than the fronts:this was corrected in 2002 models)and the 4-spd ATX doesn't always shift where you'd like. Still comfortable,stylish(looks like a coupe),and bullet proof(they are Japanese after all)and you get the amenities,(CD/Tape player,cruise,PW,PDL,PWsunroof,etc).
There are a few performance items out there,Mufflers and I saw a body kit(I'd avoid it,the car looks great) and there were springs at on time. Get one you'll like it and enjoy!
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Mazda Milennia - 07/31/03 02:49 PM
It replaced both the 626 and the Millenia!
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Mazda Meliumium - 07/31/03 02:56 PM

Read my sig...

You do body work, very cool. I have never had a talent for shaping things, but I can turn a wrench like nobodys business!

Some bodywork...my dad has owned a body shop for over 35 yrs(me=spoiled)

In reference to this thread...

© CEG Archives