Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mossberg_dup1 My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 01:52 AM
Well I've purchased me a new toy as you can see. I know, I know! Don't flame me. I have found out that I am a torque man as well as a twisties man! Hey, at least I kept it in the Ford family.

The stang runs great but the contour handles a bit better it seems. But when you put the pedal down, the ponycar hollers! I also like the fact that the stang can be modded cheaper.

Fifth gear to Fifth gear comparison, the Tour pulls harder, but that might be because fifth on the stang is more of a true overdrive gear whereas the Tour is pulling higher RPMS in top gear.

So my Contour days have come to an end (for now at least, until they make a replacement in 2005/2006 to park next to my stang!)

I will still lurk here though (am I a troll now?)

Well, See you in the Classifieds section!!! (Tour is for sale)
Posted By: Colorado SVT Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 02:55 AM
Love the Mustang. Im sure it will tickle your torque interests. Hope to see some mods on it soon.

Mario
Posted By: FastFordFreak Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 03:29 AM
Bad-ass in my opinion. I would trade my CSVT for one (dont crucify me
Posted By: FastFordFreak Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 03:31 AM
...Well a Cobra at least
Posted By: tastethefury Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 03:33 AM
Sweet Mustang, get some Flowmasters and an X-pipe, it'll be nice and loud then. It looks like you bought it at Hines Park? What city do you live in? I'm moving to Canton in about a month.
Posted By: WannaBe-SVT Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 03:47 AM
for some reason the bottom one looks photoshopped.....
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 03:52 AM
Another Mustang...............Yawn

Car has no class, no style, nothing!

Then again you owned an SE so I guess I would have gone for the GT too

Good color and nice wheels!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 03:59 AM
u serious? style=3/4" drop over normal stangs, cool wheels, big hood scoop,,,, and pretty good performance.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 04:08 AM
I like it!

Made in Dearborn, Michigan too.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 04:10 PM
Nice Stang!
Posted By: hydro Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 04:17 PM
welcome to the club! nice choice, any mods planned?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 04:32 PM
TROLL!!!

SOMEDAY... My wife will let me buy a brand new car.

Edit: OK, I'm the one who likes no car payments.
Posted By: Mossberg_dup1 Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/24/03 11:33 PM
Naw it's not photochopped. I took delivery of the Stang already as you can see it's in my driveway.(that used to be the Tour's parking spot

I'm in Redford now as the dirt roads give away!

As for mods,I plan on tint off course. I feel naked when I drive the stang since the tour had tint on it.

2 chamber flowmasters are in my future also(I guess you can classify me a typical mustang owner huh!)

I'm also going to do the floating pony Mach 1 grill delete mod. I don't really care for the factory egg crate grill.

I must,must,must!! put a suspension setup on the car. I think I'm going with steeda springs to tame the floatiness of the car and lower that fender gap.

Then I'll do wheels maybe
and then a blower
and then......ahhh to many mods to do, so little money!
Posted By: ContourPunk Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/25/03 02:28 AM
lol i know how you feel. i got a 2003 mustang and left my 95 contour gl at home.. i only have a v6 but i still love it.. i want to mod it somehow soon...im over in livonia if you ever have any cool mustang plans
Posted By: DrGonzo_dup1 Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/25/03 03:34 AM
Nice color, it is not flashy and I think that is important in a cop magnet like the Stang.
Hope you enjoy! (and I know you will!)
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: My New Toy!!! - 07/26/03 06:54 PM
Mossberg,

I'm not that far away, I'm in Westland. I would be more than happy to help you out figuring out what you want suspension and powertain-wise on your mustang . . . toss me a PM.
© CEG Archives