Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: mattyninegrand Wanted: Duratec V6 crankshaft pulley - 08/23/06 08:08 PM
Hi all

I am after a crankshaft pulley for a 1998 mondeo ST24 2.5 V6 and ford in the UK want £60, which is a rediculous amount of money, so I thought I would try and source one from you guys. I am also after a sump gasket which ford want £25.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy one or a link to a ford parts store or even a lightweight performance crank pulley that would ship to the UK.

Thanks

M9G
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Wanted: Duratec V6 crankshaft pulley - 08/23/06 08:34 PM
Wouldn't the overseas shipping kill it? Rent a pulley puller and find a V6 in a yard. I'm sure somone on here that upgraded to the DMD has an old stocker around that they would give you. You could just pay shipping.
That last idea sounds great to me but would be happy to pay something as long as in total would not be more than I can get from the uk.

Problem of getting from the scrapyard is the card are always difficult to get at and they do tend to break with a puller.

Plus if I can get one cheap enough elsewhere then it would be worth it.

M9G
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Wanted: Duratec V6 crankshaft pulley - 08/24/06 12:53 AM
If you're doing it correctly you shouldn't have any trouble with anything breaking. I've done a ton of installs and have never had one chip or break.
Originally posted by todras:
If you're doing it correctly you shouldn't have any trouble with anything breaking. I've done a ton of installs and have never had one chip or break.

Right, they are pretty beefy, so you'd have to be doing something wrong to crack or bang one up pretty good.
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Wanted: Duratec V6 crankshaft pulley - 08/24/06 02:48 AM
Somebody tell me how to ship to the UK and mine would be for sale. I think it it is in my basement.

PM me and we can discuss a price.
Sounds like a job for THE CLASSIFIEDS!!

In B4 da...

Cock!

lol I'm with Eric.
I have 2 of those puppies sitting on a shelf at my house.

And report to mod button works much better than being a cock.
© CEG Archives