Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:05 PM
Just got a phone call from the shop....

So there's a bunch of construction on my route to workeveryay... and well, a truck cut me off and I had to swerve and hit a large pot hole. The damage it caused and what I need, now: Prepare yourselves:

(1) New 17"x7.5" BBS RX2 Rim
(1) New Eagle F1 Tire
(1) New BBS Graphite Center Cap
(1) New Wheel Bearing
(1) New Hub
(1) New Strut (Bilstein)
(1) New ball joint
(1) New Lower Arm
(1) Front Alignement
(1) New half shaft (bent )

(1) 7.3 mile Tow Charge

Total Cost- $2,090.18 w/ labor
Insuranc covering- $1493.70 (They don't cover aftermarket rims/tires- they are getting booted after this is done)

So, they are working dilignetly to fix the car and have it ready by tonight. And yes, I took it to THEE best Ford Dealership in town, Jerome Duncan Ford. To show you HOW GOOD a shop they are. They IMEDIATLY called BAT and had them SAME day the strut at THEIR cost. So... there's my morning for ya.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:07 PM
lame! who's your insurance provider?
Posted By: liquidX Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:08 PM
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
Just got a phone call from the shop....

So there's a bunch of construction on my route to workeveryay... and well, a truck cut me off and I had to swerve and hit a large pot hole. The damage it caused and what I need, now: Prepare yourselves:

(1) New 17"x7.5" BBS RX2 Rim
(1) New Eagle F1 Tire
(1) New BBS Graphite Center Cap
(1) New Wheel Bearing
(1) New Hub
(1) New Strut (Bilstein)
(1) New ball joint
(1) New Lower Arm
(1) Front Alignement
(1) New half shaft (bent )

(1) 7.3 mile Tow Charge

Total Cost- $2,390.18 w/ labor
Insuranc covering- $1493.70 (They don't cover aftermarket rims/tires- they are getting booted after this is done)

So, they are working dilignetly to fix the car and have it ready by tonight. And yes, I took it to THEE best Ford Dealership in town, Jerome Duncan Ford. To show you HOW GOOD a shop they are. They IMEDIATLY called BAT and had them SAME day the strut at THEIR cost. So... there's my morning for ya.

Should be set to go by daybreak . Wouldn't want to have felt the "bump". Would've broken my heart
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:08 PM
Fuggin Esurance.com. They have ALWAYS been a good provider.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:08 PM
ouch...whos your insurance company? i have progressive and they cover up 1,000 worth of aftermarket parts, including rims
Posted By: starjammir Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:09 PM
Sorry Chad...I hope you mean that ur going to ditch the rims now so that I can have em ...my offer still stands...chrome for the not so chrome
Posted By: dutchie_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:09 PM
that sucks, sorry to hear. personally I think the insurance company of the person who cut you off should foot the bill...but that will never happen.
I can't stand bad drivers....
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:13 PM
Fuggin Esurance.com. They have ALWAYS been a good provider.

look at your hard copy of the policy. if it doesn't specifically state that, they can't deny your claim.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:14 PM
Well, the insurance co. is picking up the tab for the new strut (Aftermarket).. which surprises me. The tire is freakin rediculous. I'm going to be callig the supervisor there and finding out why the hell they aren't covering my tire at least. In diffrnet states/insurnace companies, aftermarket insurance is now "optional". It wasn't when I started my esurance policy 3 years ago. But apparently that has taken affect 6 months ago or so.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:16 PM
Chad,

Sorry to hear about that, but even if they don't cover the aftermarket wheel, they should be liable to pay the amount of what a stock wheel/tire would cost to replace. This will most likely still be less than your current setup, but should get you much closer to your overall cost of things. Try arguing that angle with them. If the pothole did enough damage to blow a strut, they can't claim that a stock wheel wouldn't have been bent/destroyed as well.

Rick
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:18 PM
Well, the insurance co. is picking up the tab for the new strut (Aftermarket).. which surprises me. The tire is freakin rediculous. I'm going to be callig the supervisor there and finding out why the hell they aren't covering my tire at least. In diffrnet states/insurnace companies, aftermarket insurance is now "optional". It wasn't when I started my esurance policy 3 years ago. But apparently that has taken affect 6 months ago or so.

did they send you a new copy of your policy? and follow buckshot's advice. they should at least pay for a stock wheel (and oem wheels aren't cheap).
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:19 PM
Yeah, they are paying for the replacment of a stock E1 wheel... 231.80. Ford said the BBS wheel will be the expesivbe booger to get ahold of (no longer made). They lcoated one shop in Kentucky with one matching rim... and its almsot 550.00 bucks for the rim.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:20 PM
Yeah, the policy clearly states their change in premium coverage... I just didn't read it thoroughly.. bad shot on my part. I did argue the fact of the strut blowing and how the BBS wheel IS a stronger aluminum than the stock wheel. Stock wheel would have broke, most likly. They still said unfortunatly that can;t be "Accuratly" determined.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:27 PM
I'm really sorry Chad.
That's great that the dealership is fixing her up right away for you.
Posted By: OB1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:42 PM
Not trying to Hijack your thread but, Ijust got off of work and started my hour drive home, I had gotten behind 2 cars on this 2 lane highway. I'm about 10 to 15 carlengths behind when out of nowhere comes this big a$$ f-ing rock that hits my windshield. The road was clean I was TOO far back from the car ahead of me and now I've got a star in my fuggin windshield of the tour thats already working on my last nerve! this is the first time I've really drove it in a while I've been struggling with lack of 5th gear and reverse. I get 5th & I decide to drive it to work and Just my damn luck something happens. This car is giving me bad karma or something, I'm so tempted to just take it out back & strike a match to it its not funny! Sorry just a little pissed, Sorry to hear bout your car stryped I really know how you feel, guess I'll start looking for a windshield now. I'll never be able to mod this thing if I have to keep fixing it!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:45 PM
Yeah that sucks man.... guess thats just what makes the world go round....
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:50 PM
i wish i would get a rock to the windshield. it would make fixing the dash warpage a whole lot easier!!
Posted By: Stazi Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 02:57 PM
I'll be over tonigth with my gimpie hammer!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
I'll be over tonigth with my gimpie hammer!

need the code to my garage?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 03:18 PM
That's why I am always on my guard while driving Michigan roads, they are terrible! I've already had to replace one tire and almost the rim because of a pot hole. That sucks Chad. I hope it was the tire that you were doing all those burnouts at SZ with... Ah you needed a new one anyway!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 03:20 PM
HAhaaa... riiiiight.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 04:43 PM
  • Contact the city in which the pothole was in.
  • Provide polaroids, or digital printed photos of said pothole from multiple angles.
  • Provide damage estimates, and proof of damage via pictures and a written statement (stating what they see as damage that would normally not be obtained from driving on a properly maintained road) from three repair shops.
  • Provide a written statement from you requesting the city pay for the damages due to neglect in maintaining a public roadway.

This happened TO ME, and I didn't believe what someone told me, when they told me those things.. I did it anyway, and they payed for it. It was a slow process (3 months, or so??) but I got a check in the mail for exactly my damage estimate...

Ray
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 04:54 PM
Hey thanks Ray!! I will most DEFENETLY write the city. I have pics of the car.. no pic sof th ehole, but I'll go there on lunch and take some pics. Thanks again, Ray.

UPDATE:

All the suspension parts have been replaced, the strut showed up 30 minutes ago (I'm still in shock) and the wheels on a Fed Ex truck as we speak. I can not say how impressed and satisfied this dealership has made me. I'll be heading out to the dealership in about an hour to sign for the wheels when they show up and I'm bringing the service dept a PILE of large pizzas for their efforts. Amazing.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 05:18 PM
very cool. it's good to hear about some good customer service these days.

also, about what ray said...

you may want to look into that. the road commission has a certain amount of time to fix a problem or pothole from the time it was first reported before they will pay any claims against it. you may want to go states website and look into it.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 05:23 PM
Thanks guys, just got done doing my research, have a "report number" from MDOT and also my insurnace claim. The lady i spoke to at MDOT said I shouldn't have any problems collecting on the damages from the state. She said only 1 estimate is fine and that pics are not needed ( ). They have the location of the hole and said they would have a crew out there to look at it/fix it. I must say... do I live in Michigan?! Doesn't seem like it, lol.

Unfortunatly the car won't get finished today.. quite possibly not tommorow, either. There's a small scrape in the lower corner of the front bumper that will have to get refinished and painted. Not sure if that was caused by the pot hole (don't remeber seeing it) or from the flat bed truck. . Oh well.... what can I say.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 05:26 PM
There's a small scrape in the lower corner of the front bumper that will have to get refinished and painted.

*cough* mirko *cough*

Posted By: starjammir Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 05:27 PM
Yuck not MDOT...My dad is the manager for the davison/lapeer/flint MDOT office...Ill ask em what he thinks about it...
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCamXXXL:
There's a small scrape in the lower corner of the front bumper that will have to get refinished and painted.

*cough* mirko *cough*

I thought about it... but I SERIOUSLY don't think it would last a week. Sad but true. How'd your mirko come out, bythe way? And where's my fuggin Body shop quote for the vents, player!
Posted By: starjammir Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 05:31 PM
What road was it on??
Posted By: MxRacer Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/15/05 05:46 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCamXXXL:

*cough* mirko *cough*

I thought about it... but I SERIOUSLY don't think it would last a week. Sad but true. How'd your mirko come out, bythe way? And where's my fuggin Body shop quote for the vents, player!

mirko came out amazing. it's a good thing i had them do it, as enamel! was used previously on it, so it had to be completely stripped anyways. it's installed and looks fantastic.

i totally forgot about the vents. i'll call them now.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! :update: - 06/15/05 09:00 PM
My 600.00 rim ( )showed up an hour ago and got that squared away. Car will be ready tongiht except for this small scrape. That will get repaired at a later date, my insurance company said. I convinced insurance to up their % total on the wheel and they paid out a total of 400.00 for the rim. So, ijus tgot stuck with 200.00 on my part. Thanks for your guys suggestions, I will still file my complaint and claim with MDOT.
Posted By: Corbett_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! :update: - 06/15/05 09:08 PM
So is your insurance paying to have it fixed AND MDOT is ging to refund you what the insurance co payed?
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/16/05 03:52 AM
Hey thanks Ray!! I will most DEFENETLY write the city. I have pics of the car.. no pic sof th ehole, but I'll go there on lunch and take some pics. Thanks again, Ray.

UPDATE:

All the suspension parts have been replaced, the strut showed up 30 minutes ago (I'm still in shock) and the wheels on a Fed Ex truck as we speak. I can not say how impressed and satisfied this dealership has made me. I'll be heading out to the dealership in about an hour to sign for the wheels when they show up and I'm bringing the service dept a PILE of large pizzas for their efforts. Amazing.

oh god no you didn't say your parts were on an unreliable FEDEX truck did you...... just kidding man...
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/16/05 11:26 AM
Hahahaaa.. yeah, i was surprised they made it... un-fondled, too. lol
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/16/05 11:37 PM
Chad I too am confused about the rims, are you getting rid of them afterwards? If so, THREE words...Millie Miglia F20s
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/16/05 11:59 PM
No no no... still ahve the rims. Got a replacement one.

And yes.... those millies are HOT!

Now available in light weight 19's.

Posted By: OB1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! 2 - 06/17/05 05:44 PM
I just got in from picking up the pieces of my trans off of the street that I live on! I was just cruising along at about 45mph, 5th gear, not dogging it or anything. All of a sudden i hear a pop and this loud grinding, before i could hit the brakes the trans locked up & slid me to a stop. I played with it for a while and it went into first and i drove on home , it sounded awful. I went back in my truck, to the huge puddle i left and picked up pieces of my trans case! Words cannot describe the way I feel right now. My mom says that "I ain't livin' right!" I'm beginning to believe her.
Posted By: Stazi Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! 2 - 06/17/05 05:49 PM
Looks like your buddy fixed your trans REAL good.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! 2 - 06/17/05 06:30 PM
Yea we give him correct advise how long ago? His trans is shifting like arse yet he continues to drive the car. What do you think will happen? Not rocket science. I have a 98 MTX if you want it w/ 107k on it. Couple hundred bucks plus shipping. Looks like you not paying to have done correctly is going to cost you triple. Could have even had an LSD installed.
Posted By: OB1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! 2 - 06/17/05 06:31 PM
Thank you for reminding me Stazi! You're a real shoulder to cry on man!
Posted By: OB1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! 2 - 06/17/05 06:36 PM
Originally posted by todras XXL:
Yea we give him correct advise how long ago? His trans is shifting like arse yet he continues to drive the car. What do you think will happen? Not rocket science. I have a 98 MTX if you want it w/ 107k on it. Couple hundred bucks plus shipping. Looks like you not paying to have done correctly is going to cost you triple. Could have even had an LSD installed.

PM sent! And by the way I've still only got about 60 bucks in the trans, and that was for the cables!
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/18/05 04:22 AM
Why SHOULD insurance companies have to cover aftermarket parts, rims and all?

Lets say some guy has $20,000 gold rims on his SUV and bends them up, why should my insurance and my hard earned cash have to go to pay for his $20k rims.

I understand paying for the ones that came with it. But getting better rims are your own choice and for that you take a risk.

Dont want to pay for the rims if they get screwed up, dont buy expensive rims.

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/18/05 04:31 AM
By that means:

A house is a house.. as long as it has a roof and electricity, its all you NEED..

pay 35,000 to expand your home to hold your family a little more comfortably. a new room.. a new living room.. tiles all around... marble slab (not NEEDED...)

a fire erupts and consumes your home.. should insurance reimburse you for the value of your old, original (small) home.. and say "you CHOSE to expand.. if something happens its you fault!"???

c'mon, man.

you CHOSE to buy a cavilier... if something SHOULD go wrong.. is it YOUR fault, or are you gonna want the forums to help you out?

Ray
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/18/05 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Ray:
By that means:

A house is a house.. as long as it has a roof and electricity, its all you NEED..

pay 35,000 to expand your home to hold your family a little more comfortably. a new room.. a new living room.. tiles all around... marble slab (not NEEDED...)

a fire erupts and consumes your home.. should insurance reimburse you for the value of your old, original (small) home.. and say "you CHOSE to expand.. if something happens its you fault!"???

c'mon, man.

you CHOSE to buy a cavilier... if something SHOULD go wrong.. is it YOUR fault, or are you gonna want the forums to help you out?

Ray

That logic is incorrect.

If you expand you house and your value goes up you get more insurance coverage, if you dont then its your own fault and then no insurance shouldnt have to pay, but if you get more coverage and pay more then of course they would and should.

With this though was he paying extra per month for his rims, I doubt since they arent paying for it that he wasnt.

By the way with the Cavalier having problems, warranty till 36k.

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/18/05 03:36 PM
If you elect to pay for aftermarket coverage, they SHOULD cover your rims.. that is what "aftermarket coverage" means. yes, it does cost more, for a reason.

I find that every time I talk to you, I either get a headache or a neck ache. I have to go take some medicine, because you REALLY have a way of aggrevating me. Be happy! Very few people can do that.

Ray
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: BAD FREAKIN DAY! - 06/18/05 10:14 PM
Glad everything is back in order... wow!
© CEG Archives