Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kokopellian Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 03:21 AM
1996 Contour GL, 4 cyl. ATX for $7k!!! Yeah you read right. I actually called the dealership and they are SERIOUS about the price! Granted, it's probably the lowest mileage 1996 in the world, but come on......

Smoked some good ISH this morning!
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 03:26 AM
and its a zetec =\
Haha, kbb says dealer price is $3500.
Posted By: rouar Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 04:00 AM
I was very very confused about it having a ski porthole in the rear until I realized the picture was for a blue Honda Accord (new body style).
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Haha, kbb says dealer price is $3500.

I'd sell mine for $25k.
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
1996 Contour GL, 4 cyl. ATX for $7k!!! Yeah you read right. I actually called the dealership and they are SERIOUS about the price! Granted, it's probably the lowest mileage 1996 in the world, but come on......

Gee, I wonder why there's no bids on it???
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Yeah maybe mine with everything on the car!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 05:51 AM
$7k and it as roll up windows.
this should be one of those auctions where they bid to one million dollars on someting worthless... err not worthless, just not worth as much as they think.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 09:09 AM
It not a "classic" and not worth more the $4000.
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 11:04 AM
The mileage seems questionable as well.

its a 4 banger...In my book never gonna be worth more than $2000. Even if it has 2 miles on it. It must be one of those rare show cars Ive been seeing on EBAY. I called on a car last week. They guy told me it was sitting on the floor at the Cleveland auto show and they bought it from there and had to wait until the dealer got it back to the store. So, that meant it had 5 million ppl and their smelly arses farting in it before some nut bought it..lol.YEA!!! thats rare.
http://www.midnightracing.com/starchevynissanvolvo/ebay/164288%20(17).jpg take a look a pic 17 in there thats no rear end of a contour
take a look a pic 17 in there thats no rear end of a contour and look another shot of the rear end tell me does this look diffrent?
FREE Record Check Results

VIN: 1FALP6533TK164288
Year/Make/Model: 1996 FORD CONTOUR GL/SPORT
Body Style: Sedan 4 DR
Engine Type: 2.0L L4 PFI 16V DOHC
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 6 records found in our database

Posted By: rouar Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/17/04 02:28 PM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
tell me does this look diffrent?

Originally posted by 98 SE:
I was very very confused about it having a ski porthole in the rear until I realized the picture was for a blue Honda Accord (new body style).

this should be one of those auctions where they bid to one million dollars on someting worthless... err not worthless, just not worth as much as they think.

whys that? In another thread, you give someone grief because a cashier screwed up in his favor, but now, you do an aboutface, and you suggest someone should bid-up this auction. Loser.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/18/04 09:21 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I'd sell mine for $25k.

Although I don't have all the work done that you do Demon, I'd let mine go for $12K ...OBO!
Originally posted by jerseycat10:

whys that? In another thread, you give someone grief because a cashier screwed up in his favor, but now, you do an aboutface, and you suggest someone should bid-up this auction. Loser.

Hhaha. Either you completely misunderstood what I'm saying or you are just trying to start something. You know those auctions where people have something like a 'ghost in a bottle' and it gets up to a million dollars? That's what I'm comparing it to. Retard.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/18/04 10:30 PM
It is scratched, looks like [censored], wrong rear end, I wouldnt hit it

We should make some fake ebay accounts... make the seller feel alittle better
may be it's quoted in jap yiens? any other sensible theories, cause I'm out of ideas....

two years ago when our '96 was totalled we drove around to see if we want to get a replacement (considering our current insurance, I am very glad we didn't). we found a '98 Mystique. V6, ATX, leather, power this and that. happy sales monkey in a white shirt and tie brought us the key. I asked him how much and he said $12K. I just gave him the key back and left.
Originally posted by jerseycat10:

Hhaha. Either you completely misunderstood what I'm saying or you are just trying to start something. You know those auctions where people have something like a 'ghost in a bottle' and it gets up to a million dollars? That's what I'm comparing it to. Retard.

Well, this ghost in a bottle happens to be a legitimate car from a legitimate reseller. Perhaps the "buy it now" price is a little ridiculous, but you don't know what the reserve is! If someone took your advice, the seller would incur costs (listing fees, % of sale, etc) that would be much more substantial than $20. Retard.
It was a JOKE, retard. Like I said, you're just trying to start an arguement.
Lets just all get along kids! Retards!
The first one looks like an accord!

-Andy
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Yet another delusional Contour seller - 10/20/04 07:01 AM
I just might be able to beat that! With exchange rate, it's close....

A dealer

Not only a top notch "4 cyl" but also "2.5L" and new invisible "Tinted glass"

And as for a durable Zetec, look at their 98!

© CEG Archives