• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yo! It's quite in here!

the only low handicap I got is in my knees, back in my military days I played a lot and was down to a 12, but that was 15 years ago. I play about 4x a year now. I'm happy just to keep the same ball I started with.:rolleyes:

Jeez, I'm still trying to get a score low enough to get a handicap!!! Playing off of 12 is nothing to sneeze at.

Jeez, I'm still trying to get a score low enough to get a handicap!!! Playing off of 12 is nothing to sneeze at.

handicaps aren't used to keep track of how low u can score, it's not just based on stroke count averages.there's so much more to calculating ones handicap, part of which is course ratings and slope. handicaps are used to even the playing field between players of different skill levels. most times u'll lose with a low handicap, if your not consistent. just fyi....:)

As you guys were debating handicaps I slipped into your backyards via the 210-57-60-605 fwy's into Whitter to pick up the current version of the Building code manual (ICC HQ). Man I'm glad I don't make that commute anymore, it still sucks!:blackeye:

As you guys were debating handicaps I slipped into your backyards via the 210-57-60-605 fwy's into Whitter to pick up the current version of the Building code manual (ICC HQ). Man I'm glad I don't make that commute anymore, it still sucks!:blackeye:
Too bad you didn't check out Turnbull Canyon Road on your way back. Beverly Blvd. (in Whittier) east turns into TCR and it would have been a fun way to cut out the 605 north and you could then have joined the 60 east at 7th Street. Some guy in a new Shelby GT overturned in there a few days earlier and started a forest fire. It's a nice road but tough to get through cleanly as the guy with the Shelby found out. :blackeye:
Karl

1001543ix6.jpg

Damn those tires look small.

If the Stang didn't make it then it was best I didn't go either.
Well the first time through it's wise to take it easy. That way you can enjoy the view. I suspect the guy in the Mustang either wasn't used to the car yet or hadn't driven the road enough times. I've been through there dozens of times as I don't live too far away but I still get surprised every now and then if I don't drive through regularly enough. There are so many canyon roads around here that it's hard to memorize them all. :laugh:
Karl

I agree (tire sizes) I think the CSVT worst engineering mistake was putting those small 4 bolt design. I am looking for some C5 19" but finding them are like finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Back