• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yet another tire size question...

CRG Racer24

Hard-core CEG'er
I have 17x7.5 rims with a 40 offset. What tire size should i go with for that? Should i go with a 225 45 for a bit less width, or a 235 40 for a bit less sidewall thickness.. but then again will that be too wide. I am also dropped on a koni sport kit.

Last edited:
on 17x7 with a 40mm offset and 225/45/17 the tires rub on the rear. also have had the fronts rub the fender liner when hitting a bump during hard corners.

yes my fenders are rolled, although i could probably roll them a little more. the biggest issue is the offset of the wheels, if i had say a 45mm offset instead of the 40mm then the tires probably wouldnt rub.

It can also have something to do with the tire your using as well. I have had different brands that did/didn't rub and be the same size on the same wheels before. Be prepared to roll the fenders in the rear unless you go with a 215/45/17.

It can also have something to do with the tire your using as well. I have had different brands that did/didn't rub and be the same size on the same wheels before. Be prepared to roll the fenders in the rear unless you go with a 215/45/17.

How does everyone here do the rolling? I know you can buy a tool that uses the wheel lugs, but I don't really want to spend $100-200 on one. Any good DIY ideas? Pictures?

How does everyone here do the rolling? I know you can buy a tool that uses the wheel lugs, but I don't really want to spend $100-200 on one. Any good DIY ideas? Pictures?
baseball bat works nicely. you can also rent the tool your talking about. I'll try to dig up the pics I snapped when I rolled the ones on my silver car.

Back