• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wondering some susp. options.

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
i have a BAT suspension on my car. springs & struts. they were on the car when i got it. im not sure which model they are. but they are really stiff. i want to find something that is not so stiff & solid. the car is lowered about an inch or so. i like the way it sits & the stance it has but what would be a good set up that will soften it up some but still be lowered & thats not going to be to expensive.

i have a BAT suspension on my car. springs & struts. they were on the car when i got it. im not sure which model they are. but they are really stiff. i want to find something that is not so stiff & solid. the car is lowered about an inch or so. i like the way it sits & the stance it has but what would be a good set up that will soften it up some but still be lowered & thats not going to be to expensive.

I interested in this also. I would love to lower mine a little but don't want to give up the ride quality. I'm not going to auto x it just looking for a better stance.

I think your best bet for a softer ride would be to go back to stock....the bat kit from my experience is the best ride for a lowering spring. I recently put intrax on the front of my svt and noticed a rougher ride. I have also rode in a svt with eibachs and it too was stiffer than the bat springs.

I've had eibachs before and didn't feel the ride was too bad with stock svt struts. I had heard complaints about the bats being too stiff.

I think your best option would probably be to get stock shocks and BAT springs. BAT springs have a great ride height but I know the shocks can get a little hard. Switching to stock shocks could help out tremendously.

you can use any lowering spring made for your year car with any strut made for your year car, however, the ride and life of your strut are all effected by this choice.

Back