• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wiring harness question

CLASSVT

Veteran CEG'er
My old '96 SE MTX has some ghosts that I think a new harness would likely take care of. I remember someone on here made new harnesses, but I can't remember who and how much they cost. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Svttour makes and sells them from good 99 cores. His are for the early 98 SVT. They are for the V-6 cars. Just so you know. I used a 96 automatic car harness in my 95 SE MTX when I put in a new harness. Converting from EECIV to EECV OBDII. At least you are already at OBDII. Find a 96 or 97 V-6 harness from a u-pull junkyard is the cheapest. If you get an auto harness. The transmission plug is where you just have to graft in your reverse light plug from the shift tower. Just make sure if you have ABS to take from an ABS car if you pull the front body harness. This goes to the cooling fans where I had severe harness insulation breakdown.

Thank you sir. I got an offer from a guy here that's selling one for about $300 ish, but trying to weigh options and whether I want to sink that much more money into this car. Needs paint too, and the rubber strips on the roof, some interior bits, etc.

Back