• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wipers only work manually..

Westwildcat

CEG'er
So today when I pulled my 99 out of the car wash (Just purchased the car a couple weeks ago) I realized that the windshield wipers only work if you manually put them on, like by pulling the wiper lever, or if you put on the windshield washer. When I try to just put the windshield wipers on so they will stay on nothing happens. I can put it to any of the speeds and they dont do anything.... What could be the problem here? I really lucky I found this out now and not in the middle of a hard rain, or I would be working my wipers by hand the whole time:( Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation here....

Thanks

Hey its worth a shot!! I will give it a try tomorrow morning before I leave... would be nice if it was a simple little fix like that....

The wiper "switch". The part you click with your hand to turn on the signal.

How would one replace that if that was the case? Im not wanting to have to replace a steering column or something like that :(

I tried wiggling the all relays n such no luck...

How would one replace that if that was the case? Im not wanting to have to replace a steering column or something like that :(

I tried wiggling the all relays n such no luck...

Oops, brainfart. I ment the part you click to activate your wipers.

I think it comes off just like the blinker stalk. Take the cover off the top of the steering column. You should be able to get to it from there. If not, drop the bottom too. Theres nothing to it. Only a few screws.

Back