• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

why did i order from partsgeek.com- name that clutch

abrams203

New CEG'er
Well my hunting for great deals has finally caught up with me. I came across a great deal thru craigslist for a 2k csvt trans with low miles and he thru in a like new clutch kit ''minus the disc'' for 300 bucks. Now the only reason I had to buy the trans was my 98 csvt had a little grind going into third. So all i had to buy now was a clutch disc and i would be set. Searching the internet led me to a generic looking online store called parts geek.com who had the stock sachs clutch disc for the csvt for 128 bucks which is a great deal considering what ive seen used ones go for'' 50% clutch 150 bucks'' so i ordered the part and started to pull the trans outta my car. The package came 5 days earily and i was ready to start bolting everything back together execpt the clutch they sent me was a luk clutch disc ''in a sachs box.'' I've looked everywhere trying to find out what I have. The laser print on the center of the disc is LD 5142 The fly wheel side is 53300 and the other side is 59900 it almost looks like my old luk disc ''which is shot maybe 10% left'' is 78200 and 83700 on the fly wheel side. Talking to partsgeek is like talking to a brick wall. I explained what happened thinking they would take care of the problem. Instead the reply I got was ''we do not sell the disc we sent you'' I'm guessing the disc is for a non svt contour but im not sure it's for the 2.5 or 2.0 Does anyone know what disc I got?

sachs is stock for contour and cougars. the luk is the svt clutch. looks like you got a better deal then you thought.

that def looks like an svt clutch disk

this is what i got

this is what i got

first and third pic is of my old svt clutch and the second and forth is of the mystery clutch both are luk but you can see the difference old clutch..jpgold clutch2..jpgold clutch3..jpgnew clutch..jpgold and new..jpg

Back