• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whos car???

I am from Kitchener and I bought my SVT out of St. Cats.
I just need a trans or a LSD to get my car on the road! Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

Now why would you tempt me with that statement.. you bugger.. lol
Would it match to a reg 98?? How much would you want?
Mike

Hey guys, I see you found my ad in Kijiji! lol Its not the only one, I found one in Hamilton too, with 295,000 kms!
Unfortunately, mine has some new issues. And I'm at my witts end with this car! If you guys have been following the Troubleshooting thread, you'll see I have a tick/clatter coming from the engine. Due to its occurances, I don't think I threw a rod bearing, but its definitely internal. Anyways, I'm still driving it, plenty of power, but driving me insane! If I part it out due to a bum engine, I'll be sure to let you know, tranny works great! lol

Oh, saw this today too...

http://toronto.craigslist.org/car/366882556.html

Pretty good price if done right.... high kms on the body though.
Cheers!

Now why would you tempt me with that statement.. you bugger.. lol
Would it match to a reg 98?? How much would you want?
Mike

I would sell it cheap, the only problem is getting it out since it's still installed. But the mileage is low whihc is always a good thing :).

Aaron

Well, after getting a performance engine rebuilder to look at the tour, my issues are much less than expected, thankfully! Appears to him that I have a sticky valve, likely due to the previous owner running mid-grade for the last 5 years.... Of course it was my luck that it started sticking after I brought it back up to 93 octane and higher! lol Maybe its too good for the engine now, its used to the crappy gas! Anyways, I have a potential buyer looking at the car today, so hopefully it will be gone shortly, and my nightmares will stop! Doesn't look as though I'll be parting it out, sorry guys! Cheers!

fyi:

1998 FORD SVT CONTOUR ***NEW PRICE*** - $3000 - $3000
Reply to: sale-384494679@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-07-29, 12:54PM EDT

This is a 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT Contour. This is a very rare car as there are less than 500 of these cars in Canada. They were sold in very limited numbers - 200 of these were sold in Canada in 1998. This is number 5904 of 6535 SVT contours built in 1998.

It's a 5 Spd, loaded including Midnight Blue Leather, CD, PW, PDL, Keyless entry, Power Moonroof, Anti-theft, Cruise, 16" Cobra 'R' SVT rims, A/C (which is excellent, and I will throw in winter wheels + tires.

New rotors/pads on all corners, outer tie rod ends, e-brake cable, Intake Manifold gaskets replaced by Ford, New MAF, serpintine belt. Comes emission certified and it was just recently safety certified.

I recently bought this car but the engine seized on me. I have no money to put into the car. I'm suspecting a lower end issue but I don't have the funding to rip into the engine right now. A new engine installed or a rebuild should cost about $1500. If you look around at online listings for SVT Contours, they are going for about $7000 with over 200,000 kms on them. This engine just passed 175,000 kms before it seized. So you're getting a bargain after fixing the engine. If you're mechanically inclined, you're really getting a deal if you do the labour yourself.

The body and interior are in excellent condition. The car is pretty much immaculate except for the engine. It's unfortunate I don't have the money to fix the engine and i'm taking a big loss by selling the car but that's the only option I have. The price is set at $3000, which is nearly TWO thousand dollars less than I paid for the car just days ago. If you were to invest $1500 into the car to a total of $4500, you are going to have it working again for LESS than what i paid for it in the first place.

I liked it when he had the price at $4000 and said that it was over $1000 less than what he paid for it! I didn't know $4600 was $1000 more than $4000! In all honesty, for the right price, its a perfect 3L candidate, good solid car, only a small touch of rust developing, easily stppoed in its tracks right now... But a donor car is only worth $1500 - $2000 tops... It will need tires in less than 10000kms, but like I said, solid clean car. Too bad the kid blew up the engine! Ran strong for me, my brother's Sentra SER was a dead match for it, and the SVT rides so much nicer! Anyways, I actually hope the kid finally gets the money to fix it, then he can enjoy it a bit more. Be weary though, he was already asking me if a regular 2.5 can go in....

Back