• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who's 3L SVT on GR CL?

fornetti14

CEG'er
Anyone here?
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1032573585.html

FROM THE AD:
Im selling a 1998 SVT Contour with 107,000 miles. The Engine has been replaced with a 3.0L instead of the stock 2.5L. It theoretically has atleast 215 HP. The clutch is new and feels much faster and smoother than a stock SVT clutch. The exhaust system is not stock either and "breathes" more. Its also louder, which some may like and some may not. So keep that in mind. In my opinion, it sounds as fast as it performs. I had the tie-rods repaired and replaced, the sway-bars replaced, and control arms all replaced at 105,000 miles. Car is aligned with new tires. It handles better than when I bought it. The oil pan is new and you can tell by just looking underneath the car. AC works, all power options work except the moon roof, which just needs a new gear. The trunk is from a '96 Contour GL, but is the same color and features different brake lights from the '98 year. Again, its a preference that some may or may not like. The badges from the GL are still on the trunk which you can take off if you'd like, i just didnt bother with it. The speedometer and neighboring meters in the drivers-side dash have a custom multi-color light effect that is switchable. The rear driver's side fender is dented and scratched but is honestly not as bad as it sounds and wouldnt cost much to repair if its bothersome. When I put pics up soon, I will make sure to show. I may actually get this repaired before sale. So, to close, the car is worth the price Im asking before the fact that is has a bigger engine that the stock SVT. Plus there are other modifications here and there that I mentioned. Email me if interested. $3500 is my lowest.

Back