• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which is your preference from Automatic And Manual cars

matthew90

New CEG'er
As we know that we have two types of vehicles in which one is automatic and other one is manual so what is your choice. Thanks

Depends on the vehicle. Something sporty needs a manual. It’s no fun to just mash the throttle and hang on for the ride. Well, it can be.

Daily driver, automatic. I commute 120km on the highway round trip daily. I just like to cruise along in my big Buick couch. It’s like sitting on my couch at home with a steering wheel infront of me, effortlessly soak up the miles.

All comes down to the type of vehicle for me. Now that I’m old and lazy, I like an automatic for every day and cruising. But when I get in a sports car, or something small and underpowered, I want to drive the hell out of it slamming gears and rev matching and double clutching. I love the pure analog feel of an older car. It’s just no fun pushing buttons and hanging on. I got to drive a Nissan GT-R a while ago and my best description of it was “it drove like a PlayStation.”

One of the biggest plus, if you drive a manual, is it harder to get it stolen, hardly
anyone drives them, any more.

Back