• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

where to get different color seat belts?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
so my buddy got a 07 sentra spec v and its actually pretty nice, dark silver black interior with red accents such as dark red seat belts. and after a little comparison i realized that the color of his red seats belts matched perfectly to the red SVT in my seats, so i want to try to find dark red seat belts like his? where should i start? are seat belts interchangable from car to car?

interchanging seatbelts would be a tough business. you have to make sure the reel (which retracts the seatbelt and locks it) will fit behind the plastic. the bolt holes must fit (not a big deal), and you'd probably have to replace both the seatbelt assembly and the part (can't think of what it'd be called) on the other side of the seat that you lock the seatbelt into. if all that will work, i don't see why you couldn't change out a seatbelt from a different car, just make sure they're mounted in the same way, with no chance of slipping.

forget it then im not messing with something that has saved my life before. i just thought there would be an aftermarket company that could make them or something.

jesus i didnt even think about that, kid goes through windshield because special color dye cracked weaking the seatbelt or something like that YIKES!

jesus i didnt even think about that, kid goes through windshield because special color dye cracked weaking the seatbelt or something like that YIKES!

i was just thinking that making the seatbelts, the way the car companies do, requires a lot more checks and controls than just some aftermarket company making a shift knob, ya know? there are goverment regulations on seat belt quality.

man, ya ever tried getting a sewing needle through a seat belt? not to sound gay, but i do a lot of stitching, mostly for cars (macho, eh?). now, i don't have a sewing machine, so i do everything by hand, but even with a thimble and an upholstery needle, you're going to have a beast of a time getting thread through there, and it'll probably look awful. my recommendation, pull off the plastics covering your passenger seatbelt reel, remove the reel with mounting bolts, and the whole seatbelt should come along, then compare the size and shape with one of those fancy ones you love ever so much, and decide if it'll fit under the plastics. if it does, and the mounting bolt holes are relatively similar, should be an easy job.

Back