• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where does your clutch grab?

aron115

New CEG'er
I just finished up my 3.0 liter port matched swap with a luk clutch kit installed. she is beautiful.

The grab point seems to be almost right off the floor when starting out. In other vehicles it has always seemed to be 1/2 or 3/4 the way up.

The grab point is short as well and during shifts I almost need to give it a tad small amount of gas in order to shift smoothly.

What do you guys think? Normal CSVT or something not right?

I don't think I've ever driven an SVT where it engaged right near the floor. Mine was always towards the very top. Like, not even an inch of pedal.

My SVT's near the floor to half way up range. The SE was near the top...made it real easy to learn to drive it because of that.

When we installed a new clutch on my old car, it would engage near the floor, but eventually went back towards the top.

Mine actually did that. When it went in new, and we bled the system for like, ever, the pedal had a lot of free travel till about halfway and right about 3/4 of the way down the clutch engaged. It eventually worked itself out to smooth out the pedal and engage near the top.

Mine also engages at the very top. Like a inch - 3 inch travel necessary. Super easy. super fun, but was wondering if it was normal.

The stock clutch installs I have done all have grabbed near the bottom. The spec 3 install I did with their supplied TOB, grabbed in the top half.

it just got me by surprise when i expected it to grab maybe half way up and it grabbed right away near the floor. Will take a bit to get used to, is not very forgiving but as a couple of you said, it may even out

When we installed a new clutch on my old car, it would engage near the floor, but eventually went back towards the top.

Same. After swapping the clutch and pressure plate, the engagment started on the floor, and has move towards 1/2 way now. The pedal is getting stiff/firmer as well

Back