• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What To Do?

Hello Everyone, now, I'm not 100% sure I'm posting in is the right area, so if it isn't please direct me to the right area. Okay, I've had my baby since 8/30/08...and she's still kind of plain, basic model...00 Contour Sport Tropic Green, and I hate that she's just a basic model, factory everything: stereo, wheels, sunroof, motor, etc. Me being a woman(that's no excuse) have no idea on where to start upgrading, so what better place to ask than here:cool: :D ;) I want to start with the exterior, knowing that isnt the most important thing. I did do 1 thing, that's replace those yellow/faded headlights:nonono: I'm getting it repainted next year(keeping it Tropic Green of course). Now that I think of it, I want to start with the engine, because if that's no good, then whats the point right. So do any of my Contour lovers have any suggestions:confused::help: I love my baby, she's got 189K miles on her, and I'm shooting for 189K more(a long-shot, but possible)...any ideas on where to start will be greatly appreciated....
-sweetness :D

Jellybean..jpg

Post up more pics of the car(exterior, interior and engine bay of course) so we can get a better idea of what we are dealing with here.

Perhaps just a good cleaning, shine her up real nice and pretty, and a tune up will make you happy.

One mod leads to another and another and another which can get very expensive so keep that in mind......:laugh:

~J

I have the same exact car '00 Tropic green SE, greystone cloth all options including traction control now an SeVT ( a CEG term) bought brand new in '00 has less than 58,000 on the clock.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

^ leather unavailable in '00. Got these leather seats back in '01 from a wrecked 'tour with mint interior.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

svt oem body kit, E1 wheels, svt upper, optimizied throttle body, K&N short ram, magnaflow dual ehaust with magnaflow resinator, sho shop y-pipe, very 1st CEG group buy carbon fiber engine cover, OMP strut brace, CEG group buy strut covers, terry haines rear strut brace, triple gauge pod,blaupunkt stereo, amp, trunk mount cd changer with kenwood speakers. dyno tuned. I probally am forgetting some stuff since 1 it has been many years since these mods have been done actually back on '02 so alot more stuff is available vs then but then again some stuff isn't. The dyno tune was mostly to clean up the air/fuel ( it was really rich), it runs on a 93 octane program, address the auts shifting and we also removed the top speed limiter. it dynos higher than a normal 'tour and just under an svt and si one of the best shifting autos on here ( just ask most of the neceg people). Its not the fastest but that is why I have my stang, my contour brings me a different kind of enjoyment :laugh:. The best mod I can think of also would be TLC, has you can see, my 'tour wouldn't have survived 11yrs with out alot of love and labor to keep it looking brand new. best of luck.

I ment that it is no longer limited. the fuel would cut off is what used to happen if I remember.

I thought SVT's were "drag limited". SE's are different? They are electronically limited from the factory? I learn something new everyday.

BTW, your car is the tits Skunk.

I thought SVT's were "drag limited". SE's are different? They are electronically limited from the factory? I learn something new everyday.

BTW, your car is the tits Skunk.

Thanks very much. yes the normal V6 contour was. when you got to about 115 range depending on the car it ( some where lower) would cut out, it has been many years but I'm 99% sure the fuel would cut out. problem still is my speedo is highly inaccurate for one and I would have to watch the rpms now. so no idea what the speed is, and really with the gearing, etc it's probally not all that thrilling but now atleast I can keep up butnot that we do that kind of stuff :laugh:

All SVT's are drag limited to 142 mph. All non-SVTs are limited to 115 mph ... they did afterall come with h rated tires. There have been reports of the speed limiter kicking in at 110~115 mph.

Back