• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What kind of products do you guys use?

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Since the last one has not been updated since 06, I thought I would ask if anyone has switched to anything new? I got out of the Zaino stage and into the Poorboys and DP stuff.

Some of that stuff looks pretty nice! Let me know how it works if you try it out. One of the reasons I got off of the Zaino wagon is because PB came out with this White Diamond polish for light cars. I got some and REALLY liked it on silver. They have one for dark cars called Black Hole that is amazing on black! I got into DP because last year the gf bought me a foam gun and it came with the DP foam. I really enjoyed it so I bought a gallon of that along with some of their other products. My Zaino is just now rotting away in my detailing box.

I think I am going to try the poor boys polish, Dodo Juice Lime Prime, and some of the Dodo Juice soft waxes. I just cant decide which soft wax I should try......Im not sure if I should go with one for dark finishes or not? You can get a trial size of the Dodo Juice waxes for a reasonable price, which is supposed to do 3-5 cars.

I can get that PDP stuff for stupid cheap so I'll probably pick up a jug of the spray detailer and maybe some of their solvents.

I need to add a PC to my arsenal as well.

zaino is no bueno...although i will use z-9,10,12, and16 I'm not a big fan of their polishes and waxes. I love chemical guys products for a wash/shampoo I like CG citrus wash and if i'm not going to wax that day i like CG extreme bodywash to maintain a nice shine. I like to use mirror wet and EZ creme glaze and then for waxes i like dodo juice, chemical guys 5050, zymol carbon, souveran, swissvax onyx, and autoglym hd wax...there are a ton of waxes that i've used, but for the price my favorite as far as depth goes is probably the CG5050 and autoglym hd. For a sealant i recommend jetseal but i prefer waxes unless a customer specifically asks for a sealant. interior for fabrics i like CG fabric clean. on outer trim i use CG VRT dressing and wheel guard(wheel wax) for the wheels/tires.

also i haven't tried the P21S yet has anyone on here tried it...good or not worth it??

I think I am going to try the poor boys polish, Dodo Juice Lime Prime, and some of the Dodo Juice soft waxes. I just cant decide which soft wax I should try......Im not sure if I should go with one for dark finishes or not? You can get a trial size of the Dodo Juice waxes for a reasonable price, which is supposed to do 3-5 cars.

orange crush and blue velvet pro have both worked good for my t-red I liked the blue velvet a little better...if you have the extra cash the supernatural leaves a really nice deep shine on a properly prepped car

haha yeah alot of trial and error trying to find the best products for the money...I do professional detailing so i test different products on my car or my friends/family cars before i do actual clients cars. autogeek.net carries almost anything you could think of, but for the autoglym hd Wal Mart actually just started carrying it for about $35.

Theres a local guy who started his own line of detailing supplies I have only tried the tire shine but lots of people swear by the entire product line, http://www.professionaldetailingproducts.com/shop/default.asp

have you seen any of the results from people using the pdp? I might try the bug melt, dazzle, and engine compartment dressing.

I have been using my poor boy series for a while and like it alot.

yes! the pb leather stuff, blue nattys wax, and their quick detailer are all pretty solid

Ordered a PC7424XP this morning, 6" backing plate, counter weight, an assortment of lake country pads, dodo juice rainforest rub, dodo juice lime prime pre wax cleanser, and some zaino Z8 grand finale spray sealant. I know I said I was going to step away from Zaino, but I have read really good reviews on the Z8 and I havent tried it yet. I am also going to pick up some PDP solvent and some PDP underhood dressing

My plan is
1. Lime prime, Apply with PC
2. Meguiars Show Car Glaze, Apply with PC
3. A couple coats of rainforest rub, Apply by hand
4. Z8, Apply before leaving for SZ

Of course I will start with a clay bar, 3M blue clay
Cant wait to see the shine!!!

Back