• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What are some good places to eat around the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI?

G Stone

CEG'er
Going to the NCAA Tournament on Friday in Milwaukee. First time in Milwaukee and I see that they have a variety or restaurants/bars around the Bradley Center. Me and the people going with me like normal Americana food, burgers, sandwiches, steaks, etc. Preferably within walking distance. Any suggestions?

There is always a fan favorite, Major Goolsby's, a sport themed bar/restaurant. It is located just down the block from the Bradley Center at 4th and Kilbourn. You could go for "Old World" German fare at Maders. Its a more formal type place with prices to match, located at Old World 3rd and Highland. At the other end of the block from Maders is a brat place. I don't know the exact name and have never been there. If you want to be a little adventurous, I would highly recommend Lakefront Brewery for a brewery tour and a fish fry. Best brewery tour in town. Best of all, you get to drink/sample their beer while on the tour. Its located on Commerce St along the river just northeast of Walnut St. You'd take 3rd north to Walnut then east to Commerce. Its about 3 miles from the BC. Check for details here: http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/main.html. You could also walk to the east side of the river between Juneau and State streets for an array of bars and some restaurants or for just a little night life afterwards.

Have fun at the tournament and enjoy my home town while you're here.

Here's a map I threw together with the places I have been to and recommend as well as some of Curt's suggestions:

bradley.jpg

I've heard that Molly Cool's (top center of map) might be good, but I've never been there. Mader's is very nice but also very pricey and ethnic. You really have to like German food, which not even I can say I do despite being part German.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the Safe House. Forgot about that one Mike. Neat location, down an alley, and need to know a "password" in order to get in, although everyone gets in.

SAFEHOUSE.........end thread

Seriously though go to the safehouse get a mission impossible and enjoy the ducks floating in your drink.

Back