• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Well its up for sale again

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
Now for less... US $10,950.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ht_933wt_2563

c5a9_1.JPG

Its well worth the price for us here but no one outside here would buy it for that price I wouldnt think, but sexy yes it is:laugh:

Just like during the auction, if I had the spare cash, I'd buy it. The teal one is easily my favorite of the three. The auction pissed me off too, because I had a couple friends there that were buying the trailer they used to transport that car . . . Means I had free shipping for it home too . . . I hate being broke.

Maybe I missed it at some point, but did the gold one sell? I think I would really consider ditching the BMW if I could own the gold pace car at that price.

Maybe I missed it at some point, but did the gold one sell? I think I would really consider ditching the BMW if I could own the gold pace car at that price.

The gold one sold at auction for sure. But, I don't think any of them are legally able to be registered (granted there are ways to get through some loopholes and register anything, but its a big gray area) and IIRC the gold one has a cage in it, which is a very bad idea for driving around on the street without a helmet.

The gold one sold at auction for sure. But, I don't think any of them are legally able to be registered (granted there are ways to get through some loopholes and register anything, but its a big gray area) and IIRC the gold one has a cage in it, which is a very bad idea for driving around on the street without a helmet.

Yeah of course they can be registered, in counties like mine where there are NO inspections. :laugh:

Yeah of course they can be registered, in counties like mine where there are NO inspections. :laugh:

Like I said, it certainly can be done, but it doesn't make it completely legal. When Ford put the VINs out there for these cars, they are tagged with a comment about not being titleable or registerable for street use, same thing they did w/ the Bondurant cars. Not all states pay attention to those comments, but just getting a title/registration paper doesn't mean it is completely legal.

Back