• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weapon R coolant tank? Anyone still running these?

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
I remember a while ago some people ran these. I kinda want one and can find them cheaper than buying a new OEM tank. But wasn't there like a story about them exploding or something? Can someone please verify. The one I'm looking at has vents in them, so I don't think that problem will be there.

I need to replace my tank and I'd like to get the WR one if I can, if not, I'll just spend a little extra and get the OEM.

Well, I sorta made a stupid booboo and bought the WR tank on accident on eBay. I was goofing around with the best offer and he accepted it LOL 0_o So I guess I bought

I've been reading up on them again over on NECO. I just messaged the seller to try and cancel the best offer I got it for. Because I also don't want the coolant light on 24/7

I have a set or coolant and ps tanks i took in on a trade. I plan on cutting off the weaponr tank cap and bung and weld on a new one that accepts a cap that releases pressure at 15 psi. Pretty simple fix if you can or know someone to weld alum. Dont know if ill ever use them but they should sell better since it wont blow up.

After further inspection, the tank does not have a "spill hose".

Wouldn't fabbing a relief nipple and hose be easier than fabbing up for a pressure relief cap,

Has to be something that holds pressure in the system. I was first looking at THIS , but for the same price I can get the bung and cap and make it look less "rigged". I'm open to suggestions as are you I'm assuming.

Back