• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to see your battery tray/tie downs. Especially E0 tours

Frosty

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok guys, so I got the cool battery tie down from Smokeshow's GB. Now I have a problem, and it's actually been bothering me for a while. I hate the E0 method of battery tie down. Those plastic clips are so brittle and never seem to hold. If I tighten the nuts too tight, they hurt the powdercoating (my stock hold-down is powdercoated). Looking for other options/ideas so please post pics of yours! I take this car to shows over the summer and also on the track, so looks AND functionality are important to me. Thanks!

This will be no help to what your looking for but here's some pics of mine installed today after polishing.

a6e3aqyr.jpg

ymanunu5.jpg

6u4ybu2y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks good! I'm debating if I should grab a battery tray like yours from the junkyard. My E0 tray only has the tie down bars on the sides. No matter how tight I get it the battery still seems to be able to move. That would solve my problem.

On another note, what is up with your ID tag on the header panel. Does that say "STOCK" on the bottom of the tag? Weird

Back