• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UPDATED DYNO NUMBERS!!!

allstyle12

CEG'er
I just got the car dynoed this afternoon and WOW! What a difference headers, a new lower intake manifold, clean upper intake manifold, exhaust, and dielectric grease for the plug wires makes. I dynoed 167HP/152TQ last year and today at 100,213 miles it dynoed 179HP/173TQ! (173 TQ at 2400 RPM) This is on the Stock Tune. The High Octane tune (thanks warmonger and burritasvt) it dynoed 184HP/(175 TQ at 2400 RPM). I am very pleased with these results. Nitrous tune run is coming, stay tuned...

scan0001.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Last edited:
well it shows you have the nitrous numbers in your sig, so what's keeping you from posting the nitrous dyno? Does the high octane tune still take 93? Isn't the stock tune for high octane, or could you actually run less than 91-93 on the stock tune?

well it shows you have the nitrous numbers in your sig, so what's keeping you from posting the nitrous dyno? Does the high octane tune still take 93? Isn't the stock tune for high octane, or could you actually run less than 91-93 on the stock tune?

Those are my old Nitrous numbers. I did not do a dyno run yesterday on Nitrous. So to answer your question, there are no new Nitrous dyno numbers to post.

Your octane tune question is unclear. Running less than 91-93 is a bad idea for our cars in stock form. Stock CSVT's require premium fuel. So to be politically correct, you can run less than that. However, it is not the right thing to do.

Those are my old Nitrous numbers. I did not do a dyno run yesterday on Nitrous. So to answer your question, there are no new Nitrous dyno numbers to post.

Your octane tune question is unclear. Running less than 91-93 is a bad idea for our cars in stock form. Stock CSVT's require premium fuel. So to be politically correct, you can run less than that. However, it is not the right thing to do.

I think he wants to know what constitutes as "High Octane" in your tune, since the SVT takes a higher octane to begin with.

Nice numbers, I also dynoed at 179ish with my old 2.5 and headers :cool:

But more importantly.... Since when did someone finish a rwd conversion?!?!?!?! :laugh:

Let me clarify. The High Octane tune is optimized for my modifications and 91 octane. 91 octane is what I dynoed it with. Both runs "High Octane" and "returned to stock" are with 91 octane.

I am assuming the "RWHP" indicated on the scan is setup as their default in their PC since the shop I went to specializes in Mustangs.

Let me clarify. The High Octane tune is optimized for my modifications and 91 octane. 91 octane is what I dynoed it with. Both runs "High Octane" and "returned to stock" are with 91 octane.

I am assuming the "RWHP" indicated on the scan is setup as their default in their PC since the shop I went to specializes in Mustangs.

Im confused. How can a high octane tune for 91 octane be considered "high octane" when the required octane is 91 octane to begin with?

You are thinking to hard. "High Octane" is the NAME of the tune. Warmonger could of called it "91 octane tune" "High Performance tune" or something else. Still confused?

Nope...got it now.

I guess when I hear "high octane tune" I think a tune for something like 100+ octane. :D

Yes the high octane is for 91 octane and up we build or performance tunes very aggressivr as you can see. You are allowed to adjust the parameters back if needed by the handheld. Those are nice numbers you are in the 3 liter power range with bolts ons and very nice torque curve. I am happy to see the gains you received from tune seems to be running very good. Thanks Joey

high octane tune

high octane tune

Exactly...thats what my question was too. What high octace gas were you running?

Well we all know the SVT tune can be run with lower octane fuel, it can handle 87 octane all day long and if it senses any knock it will just pull timing. Running 91 octane will just insure you don't risk losing any power.

Our tune that we made him is a "No****...don't run less than 91 octane" tune. again, that will depend on the outside temps. In winter it wouldn't be as critical but in late summer the temps are still hot he's gonna run into borderline spark knock and timing will be pulled by the knock sensor if he doesn't run 91. If that happens he could end up with less power than the stock tune.
So overall for 91 octane california tractor gas I'd say I'm pretty pleased with the results! :laugh: Safe but stronger!

Back