• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Update and Questions...

RacerJason

CEG'er
Alright, finally I searched through my email for my password so I could log on once again!

I oredered and received in the spring MSDS headers and opt. Y pipe in their last sale along with a set of new lower SVT valances from Las Vegas. I ordered the MSDS kit raw but should have had them coated by them because up here ti cost me $200 (still fine with that) for cermaic coating the three pieces. Just got them back yesterday. Pics are also attached of the new and freshly painted valances being installed. The newer ones are much stiffer, funniest part is there are stickers on the inside of them saying "Made in Canada". Impromptu meet pic with a gent who goes to the same shop as me also.

I plan on doing all stainless from the Y-pipe back with a hi flow cat. Problem is I want to run Borla mufflers and am finding that the reasonably priced stuff has a 14 inch cannister length. Stock is 10" and I can't see much longer fitting. I want the same groan/growl as stock just a fraction louder. Any suggestions or should I just button up my new headers and Y-pip to the stock SVT system and see how it sounds first?

Attachments

• Copy of New Valances.JPG
    Copy of New Valances.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of New Pass Valance Inst..JPG
    Copy of New Pass Valance Inst..JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of Rear View June 07.JPG
    Copy of Rear View June 07.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of Front 3Quarter June 07.JPG
    Copy of Front 3Quarter June 07.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of MSDS Coated.JPG
    Copy of MSDS Coated.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
I'd just bolt the stuff up and see how you like it first. No sense going to the extra efforts/cost/etc. if what you got now will make you happy.

I have a Contour Se with the SVT UIM, MSDS headers, Magnaflow resonator and mufflers. I still have a bit of rasp but there is a great growl at any rpm under 3500. Then it is too loud for my liking.

Back