• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UK 3.0L Hybrid Dyno

Mark T

CEG'er
I had my Unichip remapped on Friday & it came out to 245.9bhp @ 6500rpm with 295.1Nm @ 5060 rpm (217.7lb/ft) . Not bad power for a ST24 Mondeo

Heres the graph
RRatMarlin.jpg

Heres a little video clip as well

Is thi sabout right with what you guys running Hybrids are getting? I'm really pleased with it as the car drives so much better now as the power delivery is so much smoother.

Last edited:
Nice video, and I've always loved your car, Mark! As for power, I guess we're assuming they're using the ~17% drivetrain loss, as here in the states we figure wheel horsepower, where in the UK, you convert to brute horsepower. With that said, it looks like you're in the ~200-205whp range, which are pretty good numbers. With my old SVT, my 3.0L Hybrid put down 206fwhp and 196fwtq.

Mark

EDIT: Okay, I looked a little more carefully at your graphs. It says you put down 187 wheel horsepower. I'm wondering how they're converting to bhp?

Nice video, and I've always loved your car, Mark! As for power, I guess we're assuming they're using the ~17% drivetrain loss, as here in the states we figure wheel horsepower, where in the UK, you convert to brute horsepower. With that said, it looks like you're in the ~200-205whp range, which are pretty good numbers. With my old SVT, my 3.0L Hybrid put down 206fwhp and 196fwtq.

Mark

EDIT: Okay, I looked a little more carefully at your graphs. It says you put down 187 wheel horsepower. I'm wondering how they're converting to bhp?

yeah it looks like they are using about a 23% drivetrain loss, which is way to much. the MTX-75 only has about a 13% loss.(based on stock dyno runs ive seen) :shrug:

still looks like pretty decent numbers though.

Last edited:
yeah it looks like they are using about a 23% drivetrain loss, which is way to much. the MTX-75 only has about a 13% loss.(based on stock dyno runs ive seen) :shrug:

I've never seen a stock CSVT with 174WHP so Ithink your 13% is a little low.

17% like Mark said above is much more accurate.

I've never seen a stock CSVT with 174WHP so Ithink your 13% is a little low.

17% like Mark said above is much more accurate.

the few i have looked at must not really have been stock then. if thats the case then i am somewhere between about 240 and 260BHP in my zetec :crazy::laugh::laugh:

looks good. im assuming you didnt do much port matching and might have 2.5L valves. i have not gotten my tuned numbers yet but should have about the same power once i get the kinks worked out. hoping for a little more power once i get an SVT intake and TB on the car.

Looks awesome mate! that car is in my dreams.

This is the engine set-up (as far as I can remember at the mo)

- 3.0L ST220 bottom end
- ST200 heads that have been ported/polished with 3.0L Vv's fitted
- ST200 cams
- ST200 UIM
- Buckshot motorsport LIM (port matched & butterflies removed)
- Fully optimized 65mm throttle body
- 75mm Pro-Flow MAFF
- Blitz induction kit
- Underdrive power steering pulley
- MSDS headers
- Custom Y-pipe & decat
- Mongoose twin exit exhaust

NOTE: All the ST200 bits are your SVT bits

I've got a nitrous kit on it that isn't currently conencted so that may well be my next move.

Back