• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UIM PCV valve line

Yarbrough

CEG'er
Hey guys, I am in desperate need of some help here. I own a 98 SVT Contour E0 with about 126,000 miles on it. As I was removing my UIM to get a look at my secodaries, I snapped the metal pcv valve line on the underside in half. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!? There is still some line in the UIM and I can not get it out. I am half way temted to drill the darn thing out, tap the he and put an after market style fitting in it. But, any help on how I can do this to keep it the way it was meant to be would be awsome.

Yeah, just screw in a threaded nipple right into the remainder of the pipe. If not then you can drill and tap it no problem then add a threaded nipple and re-attach your HOES!

i did the same thing on my UIM and i drilled and taped it with no problem. i have put about 50,000 miles on it and not a single problem so far.

Seems like a common problem, mine snapped off, I drilled out the little stub of tubing, then drilled the Aluminum with an 11/32" bit, finally tapped it for 1/8" pipe thread. Ace Hardware or similar will have a Brass adapter to go from 1/8" male pipe thread to 1/4" hose barb.

Alright thanks guys. I actually had an idea that I've already done. I filled the hole up with gasket maker and I am in the process of rerouting back into the intake pipe. I will y'all know how this goes.

I'll be sort of surprised if you don't have a problem routing the PCV flow into the pre-throttle body intake pipe. There is considerably more intake vacuum on the intake manifold side of the throttle plate, especially at part throttle, and the PCV system needs this vacuum to get adequate crankcase ventilation flow.

Where it might trip you up is that the fuel tank evaporative emissions system also vents the fuel vapor recovery canister into this low pressure line under the throttle body, and you may get inadequate evap system purge flow, and this will likely throw a check engine light and an evap trouble code.

Well my theory worked. It hasnt thrown any codes, but was idling kinda rough and then it got worse. I torqued the damn bolt off in the LIM. So does anybody have a LIM and UIM that they are willing to part with for a very very very low price. I dont care what condition it is in as long as it is working and fits my contour exactly.

Back