• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UCONN Car show 4/14/2013

BrApple

No Life But CEG
Sorry for the late post.....

A few of us are meeting at Cabela's parking lot at 8:30. Will be along with the Focus ST group.

http://www.uconncarclub.com
uconncarclub@gmail.com

The UConn Car Club would like to invite you to be a part of our 10th Annual Spring Car Show on Sunday, April 14th (Raindate: April 21st). Please follow us on twitter or the Facebook event page for updates.

What you need to know:

Directly off I-84, use the Silver Lane entrance
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates open @ 9:00 am (Please try not to come earlier because the lot will not be ready)
Registration closes @ 12:00 pm
Gates will remain open until the beginning of awarding Trophies
Trophies by 1:30-2:00 pm

Price:
$10 per car to show,
$3 per car for spectator parking in separate lot.

Parking:
Due to our move to Rentschler Field for this year’s show, we will no longer be limited to ~600 participants!! If you can make it to the show, you can enter!

There will be no pre-registration. If your group would like to park together; arrive early and drive in together as a group. Due to the nature of Rentscher Field’s parking lots, we cannot guarantee parking with friends, etc. If you want to park together, make sure to arrive together.

Important: This year spectator parking will be across in a separate lot outside of the lots for registered show cars. If you do not plan to register your car, you will be asked to park in the spectator area. Police Officers and club members will be there to direct you.

Bragging Rights
For those who have yet to see one of our shows, we tend to amass some of the greatest diversity of cars in one place. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest there's something for everyone, including Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros and even Supercars. All makes, models and price ranges of vehicles are welcome.

Trophies:
Classes are listed below. There will be a 1st place and runner up for each category.

1980 and Newer:

Import FWD
Import RWD
Import AWD
Euro FWD
Euro RWD
Euro AWD
Domestic Muscle
Domestic Tuner
Truck/SUV Street
Off Road
Supercar/Exotic Sports Cars
2/3 Wheelers

Pre-1980

Original
Resto-Mod
Hot Rod

Specialty Awards

Sleeper
Best Club (Quality)
Club Participation (Attendance)
UC3 Choice

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club that UC3 deems to have the highest quality entrants in respect to the quality of the cars and the attitude of its members.

We Need Your Input
Have any ideas for our show? Anything from previous shows you would like included or excluded? Any questions, concerns or comments for us? Please let us know! We have a forum setup on our website where you can discuss anything show related WITHOUT having to register. Just follow the link here and enter the password which is UC3 (all caps). The only way to make our show better is from the input we get and we'll do our best to incorporate as many ideas as possible.

Other Mentionables:
- Again, unlike past years, we will NOT be restricted to just 600 participants!
- Arrive with the people you want to park with. There will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see pics below for parking lots outside of the show that you can meet prior to arrival)
- Judging will be done by the attendees and will begin at exactly Noon. Those who arrive past Noon will not be allowed to register for judging.
- We will have porta-potties within the show as well as food and other amenities.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor, please contact the club for further details by email at uconncarclub@gmail.com. We will be able to send you a letter with details pertaining to the packages we are offering for this year’s show. We must ask that all vendors respond before March 1st, so please message us promptly if interested.

Note:
Participate at your own risk
Please forward any further questions or comments also to uconncarclub@gmail.com

Thank you and we hope to see you there!
-UC3

Directions:
Coming from New Haven:
Follow I-91 North and take exit 29 to CT-15 North. Take exit 91 and turn right onto Silver Ln. The show entrance is off Silver Ln on the right.

Coming from Hartford:
Follow I-84 E and take exit 58. Take a right onto Roberts Street, and then take a left at the light onto Silver Ln. The show entrance is off Silver Ln on the right.

Coming from UConn in Storrs:
Follow I-84 W and take exit 58. Turn right onto Roberts St, and then another right onto Simmons Rd. Continue straight past Silver Ln. The show entrance is straight ahead.

Only the Silver Lane entrance will be open for the show. Do NOT take the Pratt and Whitney entrance. You will be asked to turn around and follow Silver Ln to the show entrance!

Thanks for posting Brian.

I'll be there ;) There will be a few ST owners meeting us at Cabela's, so we should have a good group to drive in with. Anyone is welcome to join us. It should be an exciting event.

After posting the above reply I received some disappointing news at work. My uncle's father past away last night and the funeral has been scheduled for 10:30am in Cranston, RI. I will not be able to attend the car show at this point and hope that everyone enjoys their day.

So was it anyone here that had the T-Green E1 SVT with newer CT plates and a missing drivers side jack point cover that was towards the back of the show field? I noticed the car as I was leaving the show.

Back