• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo CSVT owners look here.

DocStruthers

Veteran CEG'er
Would you be interested in a header system with 1 3/4" primaries or even 2" to a 3" collector turbo flange? Then 2.5" - 3.5" off the turbine housing to a full 3" - 3.5" cat back?

If you want your car to breath it needs something like this?

What if the price was very resonable?

If there is a few people interested i'd be wiling to build them.

any interest?

*edit* I thought you meant 2 to 3" collector the way you worded it. Why not just make the transitions yourself out of the existing piping?

I didnt think there was enough room underneath our cars for a 3" downpipe? That's why the downpipe goes into 2 pipes...

that is for ground clearance but not every turbo kit is like that. the nautilus ones were split but i'm pretty sure the design was changed to have a 3" single downpipe.

3" turbo collector is good idea.
I don't think you need a 1 3/4" primary though, people have made 1000hp through 1 5/8" headers in V8 turbos, my Mustang only has 1 3/4" headers.
I also don't see a need for larger than a 3" downpipe, that should be big enough for this application.
-J

i don't care what you make, i can tell you this though...i have 4 fingers until my oil pan currently as i roll static...i would love to be able to turbocharge this low though...
IMGP8413.jpg

*edit* I thought you meant 2 to 3" collector the way you worded it. Why not just make the transitions yourself out of the existing piping?
not sure I understand what you mean. . . :shrug:
I didnt think there was enough room underneath our cars for a 3" downpipe? That's why the downpipe goes into 2 pipes...
It depends where the turbo is mounted.
3" turbo collector is good idea.
I don't think you need a 1 3/4" primary though, people have made 1000hp through 1 5/8" headers in V8 turbos, my Mustang only has 1 3/4" headers.
I also don't see a need for larger than a 3" downpipe, that should be big enough for this application.
-J
yea! I am not sure on the max hp per size for turbo headers but i'm sure our cars could enjoy something larger then what is offered. Just an option I suppose.

i don't care what you make, i can tell you this though...i have 4 fingers until my oil pan currently as i roll static...i would love to be able to turbocharge this low though...
IMGP8413.jpg
huh? you are turboed? you want to be turboed? your oil pan has 4 fingers before it scrapes? lol sorry. don't quite get what you're saying.
I'm looking for a 3 inch cat back system if you want to build me one... you know since your offering and all
what do you want in it? straight pipes? race mufflers? quite mufflers? how much can you afford. . . not saying I will want $1299 either! :eek:

As best I can tell I want straight pipes from the cat back to race mufflers or will that be to loud? Maybe a resonator in there and if you can come in under a trubendz kit and show some pics of your work I will seriously consider this.

yea straight pipe for you with a race muffler (perforated core vs louvered core) in which 23% of the core will actually be blank.
I can also make a 1-2' section for you in which you can swap out a muffler/resonator with just 2 bolt flanges or ball joints.

Honestly I can't really beat the trubendz price BUT I could do this.
Ship it to my house and I can weld it all together. I can have it fully assembled.
Then I will weld flanges(simple flange or even v-bnad if you want).
Install mufflers(if you want them) and then tips.

So basically I could make it a bolt on kit for you.

Something like that could work.

Or I'll just buy all the pieces and make it from scratch.

If we use the trubendz kit it will be faster. If I make it from scratch it will take a little longer.

you can discuss ideas if you like, but the last few posts in this thread seem very specific to something that might be purchased. that needs to be done in the correct venue.

I am saying if you are fabricating a turbo header you shouldn't even need a collector, you can make it yourself and it will be far better than anything you can buy (for under $100 at least). If you are still buying tools good luck...

Back