• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trip computer rel 1.0

vic

CEG'er
Now I have almost finished installing my trip computer, only outside temp is not working because mexican post office lost my sender. Because my trip is rel 1.0 many work I must do with the fuel remain rheostat. I have used the contour clock original plug because, guess what? again mexican post office doesnt know nothing about my UK posted package. This pics are from my home-made pluP1020348m..jpggP1020347m..jpg:P1020346m..jpg
Then I need an aditional led indicator for the aftermarket movement and perimetral alarm. (in this city is a must have acc). For this I drill a small perforation to get my blue high intensity led at the right hand of the display.P1020349m..jpg
Next as in many posts says I attach the speed sensor at the back of the instrument cluster to the white/black cable; here are the trip computer connector:

On this version of firmware -rel1.0- the pin out is as follows:
Pin1 VSS
Pin2 -----
Pin3 Ign, to pin 3 of radio plug
Pin4 Illumination to radio plug
Pin5 GROUND to pin 2 of radio plug
Pin6 Output to auxiliary warning module
Pin7 ----(I used for my aditional led)
Pin8 Fuel remain-(pin 2 of fuel pump connector and not connected on north-american made cars)
Pin9 fuel flow Must keep reading how do I take this pulse, seems not many people find it.
Pin10 Instrument interface module (chime)
Pin11 PATS led
Pin12 +VCC Battery unswitched to pin 1 of radio plug
Pin13 Temp sensor
Pin14 Temp Sensor
Pin15 -----(used for my aditional led)
Here is how to connect the fuel flow sensor, Well this is how I connect it, but if you live in the states you can do it like a pro with this terminals, (this company doesn´t sell to mexico neither ship to mexico) http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=11 The terminals must be the ones for EEC-V (If any are going to buy please let me know because I really prefer the terminal look than mines). On connector C421 -104 pin connector from Power train control module, from now PCM, you must found pin #43 this is the fuel flow signal, you are going to find that is an empty hole, understand that this accessory was not intended to sell in north america. This are pics of my hard-way to get this signal from the PCM.
Im going to continue with this later because I can´t insert more pics, don´t know why but I will keep going with this.
Another thing every one needs to know is that my english isn´t so good but believe me that i´m doing my very best to share this info.

Attachments

• Trip compu C460..pdf
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
Well let´s see if I can upload my pics. of fuel flow signal
P1020266m..jpglP1020263m..jpg
P1020264m..jpg
Another viewing angle
P1020265nm2..jpg
With all this I connect my trip computer and get in the road and I was really happy because all my work, investigation and many hours invested in my project gives me an accurate working trip computer.
122610100850m..jpg
By now i have it working for 2 weeks ago and I noticed the following issues:
When in metric measures is very accurate, by hand 8.6kms/lt computer says: 8.56Kms/lt
but for all of you who lives in united states keep in mind searching for a more updated rel (firmware) because this computer doesn´t like maths with gallons, the speed in miles per hour are very exactly but something happens with gallons the difference are 25% missreading, and that is a piece of crap calculation, For me is not problem because in mexico we use Kms and litters; and with this is a very exact instrument.
December the 30 or december the 31 is a date that this clock-calendar doesn´t want to display.
If I noticed something else I will post.
If you get to this line is just because Maybe my english isn´t to bad and you find this quite intersting or because there is no-sense in my words?????????
So people I think that the best bet is for firmware 3.6 or higher, of course if you find it!

Great post!
I just got a trip computer last 2 weeks too. I was wonder how can i get the MPG thing work.
I will try to make this happen when i have free time

because with rel 1.0 is very difficult to get the fuel remain function I buy from uk another trip with rel 5.0. The pinout have some changes and because my wire loom are already done I just make a 16 pin flat cable converter, now all functions are working also the temperature display.
Here some pics of the wire loom conversion cableP1020577..JPGtP1020576..JPGeP1020575..JPGrP1020579..JPG
P1020578..JPG
Here are a couple of pics of the temp sender. Sorry but I can only attach 5 images per post, but it is working. also I made the inverted lcd and believe me that is awsome ¡

When in metric measures is very accurate, by hand 8.6kms/lt computer says: 8.56Kms/lt
but for all of you who lives in united states keep in mind searching for a more updated rel (firmware) because this computer doesn´t like maths with gallons, the speed in miles per hour are very exactly but something happens with gallons the difference are 25% missreading, and that is a piece of crap calculation, For me is not problem because in mexico we use Kms and litters; and with this is a very exact instrument.
I have find the gallon missreading issue. So simple this units came from UK and the imperial gallon is 4.54609 liters, and in USA 1 gallon = 3.7854 liters. That´s the reason for missreading. by now I guessing if the german units have the UK gallon or USA gallon?

Hi everyone. I have a '98 E0 CSVT (United States) and I am trying to wire up an MK2 trip computer with software version 5.0 on it. Any ideas if soldering the wire from the MK2's fuel flow pin to the EEC directly will work on an E0??? Thanks!

-Andrew

Back