• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Travel Thoughts

Andy W.

Wanna Fight About It?
Guys,
We are driving from DC to Disney in January and with he baby we think a night or two lay over might be for the best. We are considering Savannah, Charleston, and Raleigh aka not to far from 95. Any ideas for historic sites in those places or another suggestion all together?
Thanks,
-Andy

You would LOVE Savannah, it has great historic sites and charm, and if you can get to Tybee Island (maybe 15-20 minuites) from savannah you get to see the beach. Its a great city.

On 95 around exit 305(follow signs) in FL you can drive east off the exit and go see St. Augustine. Its a really nice site and it could be a stop before I4 and Daytona.

I just drove from NC - Orlando this past weekend. Depending on what time you are driving through around Brunswick GA you WILL hit bad traffic due to construction. Its about 20 miles of non stop construction...its terrible. Ill have more places for you to stop tomorrow morning.

EDIT: I know you said you are driving this in January but I promise it will still be bad.

I'd recommend both St. Augustine and Savannah. They are probably too close together to stop at both, but I think you'll have a great time in either location. Both have great charm and plenty to see.

I agree with what everyone else has said. Both St Augustine and Savannah have cool historic stuff. In your case, I'd probably go to st augustine though it could come down to when in your trip you want to stop. St augustine is about 3 hours down from savannah.

Thanks guys, keep them coming. We will be back as we own a timeshare in Cocoa Beach. We are leaning further north so the second day of travel isn't so bad. I've been to both the OBX and Myrtle a dozen times each.

-Andy

Back