• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

traction control button pin out.

GIT-R-DONE

Veteran CEG'er
Does anyone have access to a pin out or schematic / diagram for the traction control button on the dash for a 98+? I'm looking at using the switch to control something but need to know what wires will do what and when.

Thanks.

Acording to my haynes manual bk/wh goes to ground. And the other bk/wh goes to the abs module (I know very specific) and the wh/gn goes to adaptive dampening, lastly bk/bu goes to cruise control. When the switch is put in the disable position it is simply grounding the bk/wh wire that comes out of the abs module. When in enable possition it is connectiong the abs module and the cruise module.

I consulted my Haynes manual as well, but the problem is, the wire colors and pinning doesn't match

Brain fart at the moment and can't remember which one of these two are the defroster or traction control but I'll post them both with wire colors and pinout.

First plug, grey plug,
Pin1 black wire/white tracer
Pin2 black single wire, and black jumper with pin 7
Pin3 empty
Pin4 black/green tracer
Pin5 empty
Pin6 green/black tracer
Pin7 jumped with pin 2
Pin8 blue/orange tracer
2po4i80.jpg

Plug 2, blue plug
Pin1 black/white tracer
Pin2 black wire, and black jumper to pin 4
Pin3 empty
Pin4 black jumper to pun 2
Pin5 empty
Pin6 green/brown tracer
Pin7 empty
Pin8 blue
24o1zqf.jpg

Now according to this schematic from through Haynes manual we are referring too, it lists the plug as c717. Pins being utilized are 7,2,3. 7 being bk /wh and going to abs module, 2 being bk /wh and going to ground, and 3 being bk/bu to cruise control, and wh /gn going to adaptive damping module.
2he92xw.jpg

They can't make anything simple can they. Lol. I think it MAY be the second one. The diagram says it should be a 3 or a 4 wire. But the wiring proly changed between the two gens of contours and haynes referenced the one you don't have.

Back