• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

these will work on contours correct?

Sure will. I have a set of them sitting in my trunk right now. A little bit of trimming with a nail clipper and they slid/clipped right in. Do keep in mind the 9011 is the high beam bulb though.

hmm, ok. is the color any different thatn silverstars? ive got a set in my truck and when they shine on something up close the color is whiter than the stock bulbs were. im not sure they are brighter tho lol.

hmm, ok. is the color any different thatn silverstars? ive got a set in my truck and when they shine on something up close the color is whiter than the stock bulbs were. im not sure they are brighter tho lol.

Thats exactly right. White light doesnt equal bright light. With the HIR bulbs you'll get a color thats between a regular halogen and a cool white halogen when you look at it but it will put down probably twice as much light on the road in front of you.

And yes just like the stock 9005/9006 numbering the 9011 is high and the 9012 is low just to confuse us. Yes you can run the 9011 in the low beam just like running a 9005 in the 9006 spot but honestly I didnt try it and dont know how it would look.

Which I did as well. The light output jumped with the HIDs just like it jumped when I went from regular bulbs to the HIRs. I keep mine handy just in case I get hassled about an illegal retrofit and need to swap them out for a fix it ticket.

HIRs

HIRs

I've been using the Toshiba HIR for 2 years now, and have nothing but praise for them. The light output is much brighter than SilverStars, and the beam pattern is perfect, due to the fact that these bulbs are located correctly in the reflector. They don't attract unwanted attention from the authorities, and they do really light up the night.
When it comes time to replace them, I shall probably put the 9011 high beam bulb in the low beams, just to see how it works, as I could use a little more low beam output.

Back