• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The time is upon me!

cruises8

CEG'er
Well, this weekend is the 50 mile MS walk that I have been raising money for. We are driving down to the Cape tonight. The walk starts at 8am tomorrow. It goes for 3 days. As of now, the weather looks like it should be nice. Hopefully it stays that way! You never know in NE!

Thanks to all that helped me in this cause!!! My team(family) has done pretty well. We raised over $8,000 between the 4 of us!

damn, thats awesome...8k, thats impressive...i did a supermotard race to benefit MS (street tires on dirtbikes for those of you who arent familiar with motard racing) and collectively (100 or so riders) i thing we raised 10k so that is outstanding! have fun

We made it!!!

The walk was great and the weather was perfect! I got massive shin splints halfway through the second day so the last 20 miles was pretty dang painful. The medic at the end of day two said to stay off them for 2-3 days but knew I wouldn't! I just kept telling myself that it isn't as bad as what people afflicted with MS deal with every day. Needless to say, I took today off of work because I can barely walk. Other than the shin splints, I'm doing great.

My brother had to back out at the last minute so Karen, another sister and my nephew split up the 50 miles between them. Karen walk 26 miles with absolutely no training. She is awesome in my book!!!

Overall, it was much harder than I imagined, but more worth it as well. It is a great feeling. The event raised over $1.3M.

Thanks again!

thats awesome!!!

let me rephrase...what you guys did was awesome...not the shin splints part.

This was a truly amazing weekend!

I had been down to the walk to support Steve's family in the past, but had never actually participated in this event. It really is amazing...from the volunteers/crew to the walkers! Just when you're feeling like you can't keep going, there is someone there to help push you! The pains that we feel while doing this walk pale in comparison to the daily pains of those with MS- and, this is why we walk the 50 miles. One quote that I read this weekend will stick with me forever- "We walk today so that others can walk tomorrow!"

I still can't believe that I walked 26 miles, and Steve walked 50! HE is truly amazing in my book!!!

Our pains will fade with time...and I truly hope that those with MS will one day be able to enjoy a pain free life, as well.

Back