• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The one that (I thought) got away, the 9,950 mile E1.

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
I documented this car back in 2015, which is where these photos are from. It had 9,500 miles on it at the time. On Tuesday, I bought it with just a few more. The car was owned by a non-member who LOVED the car, but sadly passed from ALS that year and the car came up for sale. While I couldn't afford the asking price, I wanted to at least photograph the car and keep a record of what factory fresh looks like....and assumed the car long gone as it was at one point mentioned his daughter may daily drive it. A few days ago I was contacted again about the car, and after talking with the owner's wife, we agreed the car he loved belonged in my garage. A price was agreed upon and this beautiful example of late 90s history is coming home to PRT.

Life changes, and 7 years have taken a toll on what I wanted to do with the track car since I first took it apart in 2012 and now nothing of what it once was remains really. I decided the chassis was best left in the hands of a new owner who was as excited about putting it together as I once was, and the details of that will be sorted down the line. I will be sad to see it go, but I can't imagine a more worthy replacement for a car that brought me so much joy.

Attachments

• photo18582.jpg
    photo18582.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 2
  • photo18583.jpg
    photo18583.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 3
  • photo18584.jpg
    photo18584.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo18585.jpg
    photo18585.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo18586.jpg
    photo18586.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 2
Wow! What a beautiful and low miles example, wish my 20 year old, 137K mile 99 E1 was that pretty.
Congratulations on getting an old friend back.

Back