• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The $400 Mystique

jd2-98s

Veteran CEG'er
Picked this one up off of 98mystiqueLS. Going to snag the leather for my car, but also putting life back into this one.

It now moves again after installing the transmission, Big Thanks to SVTTour for a good deal on the tranny!

Have to find a Y-pipe and fix up the exhaust. But the big part is done.

The Start of it...

SSPX0077.jpg

Bucket-O Tranny...

SSPX0080.jpg

SSPX0082.jpg

SSPX0079.jpg

SSPX0083.jpg

SSPX0090.jpg

And Back together... Ok so it took my Saturday and Sunday....

SSPX0091.jpg

Thankyou all for the pat on the back :)

A few minor things to take care of before i can put it on the road but the tranny was the major part.

Next on the list is fixing the exhaust system, working on getting a Y-pipe and then a friend of mine that is good at welding might be able to put the exhaust system back together. Also have to grab some rear controll arms.

If anyone close by ever needs work done that would be easier on a lift feel free to ask. Weekends really the only time I can do it. Also own a solus snap-on scanner and vantage Pro. and lots of electronic diag equipment to trace wires shorts, opens and what not which I can bring with me if needed.

Just an update.

Getting the y-pipe, floor seal (for steering shaft) and some other odds and ends paid for today and hope to see it in a week or 2.

Have the rear struts ready to go in, and also all (4) rear arms.

Sooo, i'm hopeing with in the next few weeks she'll be on the road.

WOW glad to see its comming along. Im just happy the car is going to be back on the road again. I enjoyed driving that car for the time i had it. And thanks for all your help.

WOW glad to see its comming along. Im just happy the car is going to be back on the road again. I enjoyed driving that car for the time i had it. And thanks for all your help.

Thanks for the car :) Did the rear suspension today. All four control arms, new rear struts and springs. Once the y-pipe comes in I can finish up by putting on the exhaust.

Got some more work done on the Mystique. Snap some update pics. The gasket for the y-pipe to cat is leaking but the rest seems to be good. Managed to save most of the exhaust that was cut off. Sorry about the pics did them on the cell phone.

Exhaust going together

SSPX0112.jpg

SSPX0114.jpg

SSPX0115.jpg

SSPX0116.jpg

SSPX0118.jpg

SSPX0120.jpg

SSPX0121.jpg

SSPX0122.jpg

Found a engine cover at the junkyard, battery hold down, and a lower airbox half with clips

SSPX0102.jpg

SSPX0103.jpg

Some more pics of the rear suspension

SSPX0108.jpg

SSPX0109.jpg

New oilpan gasket, also do the front seal. Did the rear seal when tranny was out.

SSPX0110.jpg

One thing.... Does anyone have or can get the clip that goes over the accel cable connection to throttle body... as you can see in this pic it's the dirty white looking one just kinda hanging on...

SSPX0104.jpg

Back