• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The #4

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Went over to boumacj's house this evening to check out his #4 Bondurant car. Super nice guy! Was even nice enough to ask if I wanted to drive! Heck yes! The car is very sun bleeched and now I see why he wants to paint it. Don't blame him.

He has every sheet on this car! He has a list of what was done and it lists that the secondaries were eliminated. From driving it it didn't feel like it had that 3400 RPM kick so I believe it. Stated the differential spider gears were moded too. Car has true duals, no cats, moded oil pan, welded/beefed front strut towers, Halon (sp?) system, full cage etc etc. A lot was done to these cars.

standard.jpg

Oil coolers
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Some sort of fancy MIL box.
standard.jpg

Fuel rail.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
The car feels very tight. It begs to be driven hard. Love the way the suspension feels. I think it has Eibach's with custom valved SVT struts. Car has no cats & true duals so the exhaust isn't too flattering. No squeeks or rattles what so ever. Heck it shouldn't, just look at the mileage. The driving position isn't the greatest because of the cage going behind the front seats. They have to be straight upright. Would not be fun in extended driving with someone over 6'. The button for the ebrake is set up for ebrake slides so the button doesn't ahve to be released after it's pulled. :cool: You can see in the oil pan pic that it has been cut and welded. CJ is in the process of getting the stickers redone as we speak as well as getting it legalized. :drool:

Last edited:
what does the power switch do? Does that turn the fuel pump on or something?

Thats a rolling piece of history. Would love to have a Bond. SVT. BTW how does he plan to legalize it?
-tropictour

I believe Rara and I might have autocrossed that car when we went through Bondurant together back in '01. After "graduation" he and I went back out to the autocross with the instructors in one of the Cobras, one of the CSVT's and one of the Cobra-Vics. Fun times.

-Todd

I believe Rara and I might have autocrossed that car when we went through Bondurant together back in '01. After "graduation" he and I went back out to the autocross with the instructors in one of the Cobras, one of the CSVT's and one of the Cobra-Vics. Fun times.

-Todd

It's funny you mentioned that Todd, I was about to post the same exact thing. I do seem to recall it was #4 that we drove.

CJ was under the impression that only instructors drove these. So much for that.

Normally they do...they were instructor demo vehicles. However, Brian and I worked at Ford at that time and after we finished the course and everyone went home, we stayed to chat with the instructors and the chief mechanic about the school, the cars etc. Our instructor asked if we'd like to take out the Contour (knowing Brian had one and I used to have one). We said sure, and he pulled out one of their Cobra's and Cobra Vics too. We autocrossed for almost another hour after school was "over".

BTW, power sliding the Cobra Vic was fun as ****...and when you get it wrong...polar moment of inertia in a car that big is violent. Nothing self-loops like a sliding Cobra powered Crown-Vic! :D

-Todd

Last edited:
:drool: wish my SVT had under 10k!

Yeah but those are 6K worth of racing miles, so its probably pretty close to 100K worth of regular miles:laugh: Those are some great pics Todd and it would be nice to have such a piece of history at SZ08':idea: Its cool that he wants to get all the stickers for the car as well as getting it repainted, I guess that AZ sun can just suck the life out of the paint:shocked: Thanks again for the pics!

Agghh... I wanna see this car in person SO bad.

I curious, What is the SVT production # on that car? did he check?

Back