• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

that time of year again .... snow ....

Been too busy with house stuff, lol. Car stuff has been put on hold the past year.
Used GT wheels are going for $300 - 400+ on legacygt.com without shipping. Regular Subaru alloys won't clear the calipers IIRC.

what size do you need to clear? 17's?

I had a feeling it was going to happen soon. My yard has been full of acorns and it's been getting cold. The contour went to into it's usual spot for winter storage well over a week ago so I beat the snow. The daily vehicles are all set for tires and 4wd/AWD FTW :cool: so no worries, but yeah the sleet hitting the windows woke me up. looked out side and my yard was white, the cherry has been popped for the year :laugh:

Dang...I've gotta get a new steelie and mount up the winter tire from the bum wheel and get my other two wheels back from MillCitySVT!

Still in search for the winter beater, luckily we didnt have anything on the roads besides rain.
I heard Mazdaspeeds summer tires are terrifically awful in the snow, so I better get moving...

I put my snowtires on two weeks ago out here, and on the daughter's '98 Tour also (broke a wheel stud on hers, crap!). And just in time too, as we've had ...... nada but rain. One brief period of snain. But then it actually got warmer. Go figure.

i will usually fill the tank in the hearse 3 times in one year.
i am lucky if i break 150 miles a year.....

I've got a set of steelies sitting in my dad's garage in Saratoga if anyone wants them. Can't get rid of them.

Last edited:
Back