• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ten years later...

troll96se

Veteran CEG'er
and i'm FINALLY doing a 3L, thanks andy! heading to his house tomorrow morning to get started around noon(hopefully) doing a full 3l, msds headers, weapon r ypipe, cop, npg fuel rail mod, ES poly mount, ES front sway bar bushings, luk clutch, lightened svt flywheel and flipping the lca bolts for future repairs. and hopefully a tune sat afternoon/evening. just had to make a thread to express my excitment...lol

You smell old. Congrats on the 3L :cool:

Are you going with the built trans? :ponder:

Just a heads up on the LCA bolts if it's the four bolt design any way you will have to get either a shorter bolt or cut the end of it off the bolts are too long and hit the tranny on the drivers side and the cv axle boots when you tighten them all the way down so you'll need shorter bolts.

I wish I ONLY smelled old!!! Unfortunately I am old. Lol
No, I'm trying my luck. Which prob means I'll be trailoring my car back up to andys to very soon to buy his trans. Lol.
I have plenty of pictures of the progress. We started at 1 pm and went to bed at 1230am. The engine bay is cleaned and the irin harness modifications done. Motor is prepped and ready to go in. Only real hang up is the NPG fuel rail adaptor has some flaws.

Chris's new 3.0 is alive and runs great with the tune from what I hear! Hopefully this supercharged 2.5L has enough power to keep me content or I'll be doing a sc'd 3.0L. :troutslap:

cant thank you enough for the great deal and all your help, and adam for his tuning ability. the thing is an animal, i love the car all over again.

Back